what have the media got against us

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBC1 MOTD
- Gary Lineker (Leicester, Everton, Barcelona, Spurs)
- Alan Hansen (Ayr United, Liverpool)
- Mark Lawrenson (Liverpool)
- Ian Wright (Palace, Arsenal, West Ham)
- Alan Shearer (Southampton, Blackburn, Newcastle)

Sky Sports
- Andy Gray (Wolves, Villa, Everton)
- Richard Keys (Monkey Boys FC, Yeti Villa, Coventry)
- Jamie Redknapp (Liverpool, Spurs)
- Gary McCallister (Coventry, Liverpool)

Channel 5
- Pat Nevin (Chelsea, Everton, Tranmere)
- John Barnes (Watford, Liverpool, Newcastle)
- Ayrerton Bloke (Liverpool)
- Kevin Ratcliffe (Everton)

So across the 3 channels (don't know about ITV - but its Man U biased by commentator Tylsely) - Liverpool are represented 6 times + Keys. Everton 4 times. Difference is Everton are only represented when they are playing, Liverpool punditry is there as default.

Bottom line is, the media want to see great football, they want to see money being spent, they want to see their products being placed to make them more money.

Everton are on the way to doing that, but at the moment were just a little short. Liverpool apart from the cups have been a failure in the league, but most of the industry are made up of people who would have been following football during the late 70's and 80's - a period when Liverpool were massively successful. So I reckon that the media who were brought up on Liverpool winning everything are just waiting for that to happen again and write some sensational headlines.

Keys says it every week last season, even when Liverpool were not playing, he would ask Redknapp if Liverpool could still win the title, every week. He's apparently a Coventry fan, but he has this obvious lean towards them and I think he see's Everton as an obvious obstacle in him saying what he wants to say about Liverpool.

On the other hand none of us do ourselves any favours. Ratcliffe slating the boys and as for Horne I just can't believe this tit. Listening to the game on Sunday, just as we were kicking off the second half, we were transported to Anfield for team news. So we clearly know where City FM's loyalties lie. But to add to this, when we got back to Everton and the game was starting, Horne was rabbiting on about Liverpool's lineup.

Oh and when we scored both our goals I didn't hear a peep out of Horne. Yet when the Liverpool game was on (I was listening to Arsenal btw.) you couldn't hear anything but the scream of Aldridge. Now I know he's a **** but you can't dispute his passion.

Rant over...

Some of the problems with the media, may be everton fc's own doing. I have no proof and this is just a thought, maybe the media reps are looked after a little bit better at other grounds with regards to the hospitality and the general way they are schmoozed. Maybe there are other grievances that are not totally football related.

At the end of the day, I couldnt give a tit about these people because my loyalty like many others is so inground that even when I get sunburnt I'm still a blue, even so, many people listen to what these guys say and their opinions are very often based on the drivel that comes out, which cant be a very good starting point for the next generation of blues.

Oh, well there is nothing we could do about it at the moment, public image cannot be build in a short period, all we could do is become success again for a period of time to build up a better image of ourselve!

Do well in Carling and F.A., win the UEFA Cup and comes Top 4 should take a big step toward that direction? (Think I am asking for too much, but it would be a nice target)

I must say i hate the fact the media is waiting for them to win the Premiership, it's not going to happen for sometime, the way Rafael is managing there team it never going to happen while he is there and there team is way inconsistence at the moment to win it!

That about sums it up, if the commentators were told they could ask one question you can bet it would be about the supposed top 4.

In response to the original question:

We're a big club thats won a fair bit in our time and we've hit a bad patch. Of course the media are gonna put us down. You ask any fan (other than a london club of course) and they'll say they get stick off the media.

Im not arsed, I know my club is the absolute tits and couldnt give two [Poor language removed] what they think.

They will be kissing our arses when were ace again, which will be soon.

In fairness, every Mark Lawrenson quote about Everton that I've read has seemd balanced and, if anything, a little pro Blue. He certainly pulled no punches in his comments about the derby and Clattershite. I wonder how that would look to your common or garden [Poor language removed]?

whats the sky equivalent of football focus? it used to have some douche named lovejoy presenting?
then theres the jimmy hill football hour or whatever.

the sheer volume of ex pros on the bbc makes me wonder where the licence fee is going

dixon
keown
neil warnock
gordon strachan
crooks
palmer
there are loads on final score

jonathan pearce's/john barnes's soccer night disappeared from 5

im not sure who presents 'the championship' program on ITV

gabby yorath saw her arse on the CL coverage at itv and now fronts the late night bbc sports chat program with the legendary steve bunce.

the clamour for ex pros to get on tv instead of staying in the game coaching, managing, and putting their skills learnt as players playing and learning under previous greats such as clough, wenger, robson.

merde!

Status
Not open for further replies.