What has been your lowest point supporting Everton?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Gary Ablett put though our own net down the Street on Wimbledon Day.

Nothing else has ever come close during my 60 plus years supporting the Blues ?

Personal one for me ...2011 ...bring two youth teams over from Canada .... have tickets for the group for Man City FA Cup QF ..... draw puts Everton - Reading winner away to City .... we lose !

At least I have memories of the 80's ...but the real sad thing is there are tons of terrible moments since then and very few positive ones ! Even the good ones are tainted .... you'd think making the CL would be a highlight but the RS / Collina taints that too..... never easy being an Evertonian !

As a 38 year old man I'll chip in here to this thread, I was about 9 years old when my dad, god bless him, first took me to Goodison (A very cold wintery game near xmas were we lost in injury time to a Paulo Wanchope Derby goal - start as you mean to go on, eh) a few moyes inspired euro campaigns aside, its just been generally painful for me as a die hard fan, and even worse I've cursed my eldest son with the same, that said, my lowest point, it's more accurately defined as a period tbh, and it's these last 2 ish years of intense social media engagement, the absolute venom you see or read every single day, the in-fighting, the toxicity, the countless anon twitter accounts, the direct abuse to players online, the way some of these twitter spaces end up in complete shambles. There's huge long term failings within the club as a whole, certain people, the board, some of the current players etc etc - we all know this all too well!

I commented on a tweet about our new stadium the other day, just a genuine question around the design and dealing with the wind flows in that area, within 10 minutes I had 2 passive aggressive/condescending and abrupt replies from everton profiled accounts. I doubt I'd get spoken to in person that way, but still regardless, it's just so dissapointing, I'm sure many here will of experienced similar in one way or another.

Don't know why it's like this and don't know how we fix it, but it does need to be talked about. Such a divided fan base

As a 38 year old man I'll chip in here to this thread, I was about 9 years old when my dad, god bless him, first took me to Goodison (A very cold wintery game near xmas were we lost in injury time to a Paulo Wanchope Derby goal - start as you mean to go on, eh) a few moyes inspired euro campaigns aside, its just been generally painful for me as a die hard fan, and even worse I've cursed my eldest son with the same, that said, my lowest point, it's more accurately defined as a period tbh, and it's these last 2 ish years of intense social media engagement, the absolute venom you see or read every single day, the in-fighting, the toxicity, the countless anon twitter accounts, the direct abuse to players online, the way some of these twitter spaces end up in complete shambles. There's huge long term failings within the club as a whole, certain people, the board, some of the current players etc etc - we all know this all too well!

I commented on a tweet about our new stadium the other day, just a genuine question around the design and dealing with the wind flows in that area, within 10 minutes I had 2 passive aggressive/condescending and abrupt replies from everton profiled accounts. I doubt I'd get spoken to in person that way, but still regardless, it's just so dissapointing, I'm sure many here will of experienced similar in one way or another.

Don't know why it's like this and don't know how we fix it, but it does need to be talked about. Such a divided fan base
No different to any other team, it's just Social media and how it is now

It's the world we live in, mate. Social media for all topics, not just football, has given the least intelligent people a platform to state their opinions as fact. Facebook "jail" is worn like a badge of honour so being venomous is actually rewarded.

It's the world we live in, mate. Social media for all topics, not just football, has given the least intelligent people a platform to state their opinions as fact. Facebook "jail" is worn like a badge of honour so being venomous is actually rewarded.
It's a bit unfair to say least intelligent people, everyone allowed an opinion, intelligence don't always equal common sense

On the pitch.............
1968 Cup Final.
The disallowed "Clive Thomas" goal.
The Glenn Keeley derby.
1985 & 1986 Cup Finals for different reasons.

Off the pitch............
Selling Alan Ball.
The European ban.
Failure of Kings Dock.
Appointments of Allardyce and Benitez.

There's many more but these are particular lowlights!

It's the unfiltered, instant reactions that people can't help but post that makes everything seem so toxic. It's vile but mostly hilarious to me now.

Also I felt very old when you said Wanchope was playing for Derby almost 30 years ago! Turns out it was more like 23 or something so you were probably a bit older. Every year counts these days!

In recent memory its losing to the Liverpool kids. Like proper kids. It would be ok to take if the record wasn't disgustingly bad. Could chalk it down to a freak game. But the fact they slap us around every single year and gave the kids a go and they proceeded to slap us. Very hard supporting us.
As per usual they get the luck of the gods though. Curtis Jones scores a worldy top bin outside the box curler. Hasn’t done anything for them since. Think he’s scored about 3 since.

Somehow fear we haven't yet reached it!

Picsart_22-11-16_13-15-58-136.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.