What has been your lowest point supporting Everton?

Status
Not open for further replies.
89 Cup final was very upsetting for me. I was 9 and was properly into football by then and the match was a roller coaster of emotions that we ended up losing. Was absolutely gutted.

Losing to that lot in the semi final when Andy Carroll scored the late header was bad, as we were the better team on form and league position. It felt 10x worse knowing we’d always be typical Everton than losing an FA Cup semi. I didn’t speak for about 9 hours after it.

The Wigan 3-1 loss in the quarter final when half the team appeared to down tools.

Another typical Everton when we bottled top 4 and Alcaraz scored an own goal away to Southampton (did we score 2 that day?),

Special mention for the league cup semi against Chelsea in 2007, as it was before the aforementioned disasters and at that point I thought Everton could possibly not be the world’s biggest source of misery.
I’d forgotten about Chelsea League Cup semi…Yakubu scores a screamer to equalise and then they go down to 10 men with 25-30 minutes to go.
All McFadden had to do was square the ball to Cahill and he had an open goal but soft lad went for glory instead.
In the last minute the smallest man on the pitch(Shaun Wright Phillips) heads in the winner…Everton that!

Losing to millwall in the FA cup under Marco Silva was bad. 5:30 televised game on bbc and Lucas Digne put in one of the worst performances ever. At that point I knew he had to go.

Away to palace in the FA cup last year was pretty awful also. Started well and then crumbled.

Finally, will be 4:55 today when solanke nets his 4th in the 101st minute after the away fans run on the pitch to celebrate a successful onana pass.

Can I have two??Elland Road Leeds semi final replay v West Ham,had to face the mocking RS in school the next morning,I was convinced I would NEVER see us win a trophy in my lifetime,also the Cup Final 1986,how did we manage to not just giftwrap the league to them,but also the double,in my own humble opinion for three quarters of that season we were streets ahead of them footballwise,there really have been so many to pick from right up to Tuesday night!!but I think they have numbed me into submission over the years??
The West Ham semi-final is my lowest point as well. I think things affect you more when you are younger. I went by car with two lads I knew from Runcorn. They dropped me off at Runcorn station on the way back and the only train to Liverpool was a football special bringing Liverpool fans back from their semi-final replay at Villa Park against Arsenal, which they had drawn. Not the pleasantest of train journeys on top of the crushing disappointment of losing the game.

1. Everton 0-3 Tranmere. Absolutely grim.
2. FAC semi 2012. Folded against the worst Liverpool team in living memory.
3. Every day that fat kopite was in charge.
That Tranmere debacle stands out, true story, at half time in the game an announcement was made for a certain man to go to the Woman’s Hospital immiedately where his wife was giving birth to their baby, a fella net to me said “ Lucky so and so he’s only got to look at one Cxxt we’ve got to look at a bleedin’ eleven of them.

….Southampton away with Unsworth in charge was grim. The embarrassment of Joe Royle coming down from the stands to advise him.
That was a day walking from the ground I asked myself what I am I doing here. Ashley Williams was booed by our own fans while warming up to come on and we were awful. Grim day !

Probably having to listen to a load of bells last weekend racially abusing a couple of stewards and then subsequently pivoting to Demarai Gray afterwards.

Seen us be smashed 4-0, 5-0 you name it. 100% my lowest last week.

I’d forgotten about Chelsea League Cup semi…Yakubu scores a screamer to equalise and then they go down to 10 men with 25-30 minutes to go.
All McFadden had to do was square the ball to Cahill and he had an open goal but soft lad went for glory instead.
In the last minute the smallest man on the pitch(Shaun Wright Phillips) heads in the winner…Everton that!
Yep he leapt above lescott at the back post for the winner?

Status
Not open for further replies.