What has been your lowest point supporting Everton?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I have two??Elland Road Leeds semi final replay v West Ham,had to face the mocking RS in school the next morning,I was convinced I would NEVER see us win a trophy in my lifetime,also the Cup Final 1986,how did we manage to not just giftwrap the league to them,but also the double,in my own humble opinion for three quarters of that season we were streets ahead of them footballwise,there really have been so many to pick from right up to Tuesday night!!but I think they have numbed me into submission over the years??
My two as well,went to both games absolutely gutted.Close behind was the Villa league Cup final 2nd replay at Old Trafford starring Darracot and Lawson.Last 20 years too many to list especially against the RS.

Wasn't that replay played on a Saturday or has my memory gone again?!!I remember the first game at their place on a Saturday,replay midweek at Goodison when,hello, hello,the ref lost the plot?,then getting beat back there,think Neil McDonald had a nightmare that day,us too,cold,wet and dumped out by Oldham.
Cant remember what day it was. I seem to recall the the original date for the game was called off because Oldham’s ground got damaged by high winds. So I guess it could have moved from midweek to a Saturday

Lowest point.... realising that theres been so many lowest points that it's hard to pick just one! Now all the nightmares are fresh in my mind...Happy Friday!

I’ve got so many from the early 70s to present day but the loss to LFC in 1986 Fa Cup final and the semi-final loss when Distin messed up his back pass hurt me most.
1977 trilogy against Villa and the FA Cup Maine Road robbery semi-final come very close as well.
West Ham 1980 FA Cup semi-final replay.
The Coventry,Wolves and Sunderland games at the end of 1983 when I really thought there was no point any longer but 1984 proved me wrong!

Big Duncs disallowed goal against Villareal. Unbelievable decision that permanently blotted a great ref's record and denied us our rightful place in the Champions' League group stages. Could have been a building block for much more but we'll never know.

Quite a fee of the Derby's have been utterly rotten, aside from the Benitez one. Mostly at Anfield.

The Gerrard hat-trick one was horrible, Moyes fielded a weakened team iirc.

The Martinez 4-0 loss to Rodgers was bad. Only Sturridge missing a penalty from being 5. Martinez being suckered by Rodgers. Pushing up, leaving us exposed and getting roasted on the break. Bit like last weekend actually, pattern to Rodgers and his teams...

I've had loads of them, but remember being sat watching us get beat off Palace and thinking "what am I doing here".

It was near the end of Martinez's reign and he'd picked a severely out-of-form Tim Howard for the 86th game in a row, I vividly remember a cross coming in and it was Howard v Frazier Campbell, Campbell beat Howard in the air, despite being 4ft 2 and I just turned to my mate and give an ironic laugh. There's been well more since then, but that is one which I remember quite distinctively.

You're obviously a very new supporter. For me nothing compares to the days, weeks building up.to.the final day matches in 94 and 98. Unlike last season I had no confidence we were good enough to stay up and genuinely felt that relegation was coming.

Another one I'd add that I'm sure many would disagree with was when Moyes had signed for United and the stadium by and large stayed and clapped him to go. Showed absolutely no respect to the club that. He should have had a nice polite statement thanking him for his years of service and wishing him well but pack your bags and clear your desk and go. But to let him carry on when signed to another team in the division and actively trying to poach our players. No chance.

Those are the 3 that come to mind.

I'd add in Villareal in hindsight but at the time I felt we'd go again the next year and shrugged it off.

I was 6 years old in 98 so didn’t really understand what was going on, although I was at the Coventry game. No recollection of 94 whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.