What has been your lowest point supporting Everton?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 1989 Cup Final. In the whole build-up it was about how great a tribute it would be if Liverpool won for the ones that died. It was almost portrayed like we were the villains of the piece.

This is the unspoken truth of that final. I will never forget how they celebrated, and basically rubbed our faces into the dirt.

If we had won and acted accordingly, you can just imagine the outrage.

…..I was there to see Tommy Booth and Jeff Astle score heartbreak goals in the cup but for some reason I felt particularly bad when Gary McAllister scored that stupid free-kick late on at Goodison.
The one were he moved the ball seven yards further up the field from where it should have been and everyone in the ground knew where he was going to put the ball except Everton’s ‘keeper Paul Gerrard, I know who was bleedin’ stupid that day!!

Right now is the lowest ebb for me or in some weird way the best because im beyond caring anymore. I don't really like the club anymore after 30 years support. I don't really feel much connection with the fans and disagree with the vast majority of them most of the time.

Things such as heckling out benitez and acting like lampard is a better manager which is simply not the case. Acting like we are in a much better position squad wise now with players who are no better than we were last season eg michael keane and tarkowski both hit and miss and both make lots of mistakes but one gets a pass and the other doesnt? The goals against record is only better this season because the team is playing so compact and unadventurous not because of the personnel.

People on here just laughing or heckling when you put across a good point and they can't come back with a reasonable answer so just use childish mockery tactics.

The team is fighting in a league they have absolutely zero chance of ever competing in again for honours given the current rules on finances.

There is just no real hope there anymore. The stadium is a minor glimmer in growing the club. The really it will still take a monumental effort to even become a top 10 club again and that even looks unlikely.

So now is the clubs lowest eb for me because at least there was hope before. Whereas now its just counting the years until relegation and it looks like this season is as good a chance as any.

Status
Not open for further replies.