What do we require from our manager / football team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need a young extrovert manager who will con these losers we have into thinking they are winners.

Tactically competency. Aggression without the ball. Flexibility in how we use the ball.

But above all its a mindset issue. We lack belief. We need someone with the charisma to charm a dressing room and make players want to run through a brick wall and someone who makes players think they are going to win every time they step over the sideline.

Winning mentality
How do you get that though?
How do you ensure that the manager has a winning mentality that he can transpose onto his players?
I imagine only with a CV that has stacks of trophies on it?

I just think club is now beyond needing a decent coach. I think we need the very best we can get, paying millions for him if required.

If anyone's got more time than me, it would be interesting to vault the long list of sexy overseas managers people suggested last time we were looking for managers and see how successful they have been since.

My criteria is a manager:

1. Establish an attacking style of play against the majority of the league, but would accept a pragmatic against top teams.
2. Brave enough making substitutions at any part of the game
3. Looking active in the technical area.
4. Inspirational and enough tactical nous so that a poor first half looks 100% better in the second half.

We need a young extrovert manager who will con these losers we have into thinking they are winners.

Tactically competency. Aggression without the ball. Flexibility in how we use the ball.

But above all its a mindset issue. We lack belief. We need someone with the charisma to charm a dressing room and make players want to run through a brick wall and someone who makes players think they are going to win every time they step over the sideline.
You’ve just described season 1 Martinez.

Agree with all this.

But who?

Seems very vague as a response this sir.

How do you think we can become number 1 side in our city given how far the shower are ahead of us.

....it’s an answer to the question posed in the title thread. I’ve always said it has to be a key objective. The question isn’t time bound, we need to progress to that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.