Homepage Update: What Are The Neighbours Up To?

Status
Not open for further replies.
BOOOO [Poor language removed] HOOOOO!!!!!!! MAN UP AND SORT THEM OUT ONE BY ONE IF YOU CANT STAND THEM MOCKING PATETIC STATE IN WHICH IS EVERTON RIGHT NOW!

BOOOOO [Poor language removed] HOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

None of them down here actually know when they're playing, what their scores are and have no intention of actually going to watch them.

My mate is a red. He has no clue when they're playing, can barely name 5 players and has never been to Liverpool, nevermind analfield. Yet he's been ranting on for the past month about how they're gonna win the CL like he's some kind of super fan. Bells, the lot of 'em.

My mate is a red. He has no clue when they're playing, can barely name 5 players and has never been to Liverpool, nevermind analfield. Yet he's been ranting on for the past month about how they're gonna win the CL like he's some kind of super fan. Bells, the lot of 'em.

That's what South Wales is like. I don't bother talking football with any of my work colleges they're all these types who have barely been to a game of football between the lot of them.

Enlighten me then? I must have missed the time we took the Premier League Champions apart 3-0 in the Champions League or had a 5-2 victory in a semi final.

So we literally have to get to a CL quarter final for you to enjoy following Everton?

Oh and beat them by 3 goals at home.

Strangely specific

The older I get the more I despise them. They have a diluted fanbase, watered down by people who, next year, couldn't guarantee they'd still support the same team. It's why the local r/s over-emphasise their 'scouseness', the whole I'm mates with Tarby crap, utterly Ted behaviour.
I've never been envious of their success. Their bauble collection is what spurs them on, it's the be all and end all of their existence. I'm honestly more proud of the work we do in our community than trophies, I think that makes me 'real scouse' in a way. EitC is something genuine, tangible to be proud of. That robot mascot the other night, brilliant stuff. That's our legacy, it's what creates our identity, to me. We help when we can, we've done it with them all the way since 89, still do, with Bradley, many others, we think of others, and they don't. They don't go outside their bubble much, if ever.
There is no need.
They are Gordon Gecko in football. I hate that. We're not, I like that.
They are a totally different breed, totally, utterly, completely different.

Status
Not open for further replies.