Match Thread West Ham v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just hope Frank tries something new because Coleman, Kenny and Holgate in defense have been bad. Now
is the time to be brave and not repeat line-ups that do not work.

Patterson starts for me with Ben Godfrey at left-back though I'd be happy to see Brainthwaite start- he was
good at Chelski and he is ok in the air. The rest of the team more or less picks itself and maybe Holgate in the
midfield holding role might be worth a go.
Just a thought Roy, but is the thought of JJK as deep lying mid just in front of the back four a stupid idea. I mean, I know he is not a shadow of the player Super Lee was, or even in the same class as Ganna, but as a destructive player guarding the back four might just benefit his game, and perhaps our whole team.
We have really no proper player who could make up a decent three in the midfield, but a JJK between the back four and a mid of The Douc and VdB and, dare I say it, Iwobi, there would be some back up when they play forward.

West Ham may beat us but you just know that if we came calling Moyes would drop them in a heartbeat and come back here ?

The state of them thinking they’re a big club now just because they’ve had one half decent season. They are nobodies lad

Just a thought Roy, but is the thought of JJK as deep lying mid just in front of the back four a stupid idea. I mean, I know he is not a shadow of the player Super Lee was, or even in the same class as Ganna, but as a destructive player guarding the back four might just benefit his game, and perhaps our whole team.
We have really no proper player who could make up a decent three in the midfield, but a JJK between the back four and a mid of The Douc and VdB and, dare I say it, Iwobi, there would be some back up when they play forward.
After Holgate played there against for Dunc and got MOTM, he should have been coached and given a go there.

After Holgate played there against for Dunc and got MOTM, he should have been coached and given a go there.
Aye, can't disagree with that.
Truth is, I am getting desperate for somebody, anybody, to make a midfield three and have somebody, anybody to do some proper covering work behind them.
Your point though explains exactly what should have been done, and exposes it for what wasn't done. Just what in the name of Cliff do the trainers and coaches do at Finch Farm? Apart from carrying the dead and wounded to the treatment room after, yet another, training ground injury.

West Ham may beat us but you just know that if we came calling Moyes would drop them in a heartbeat and come back here ?

The state of them thinking they’re a big club now just because they’ve had one half decent season. They are nobodies lad
No chance Moyes would come here. It would be great. But no chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.