Match Thread West Ham United v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully Doucoure and Allan gives us more control. Shame about James. I'd honestly rather have Richarlison on the right than Iwobi.

Of course James is injured

A fly could land on the guy and he would be injured

Mr glass
Oh nice one.
youve hurt his feelings. That’s a week on the treatment table and if youve tweaked his self confidence that’s a fortnight with the sports psychologist.

i'd like to see us go 3-5-2
Pickford
Holgate, Mina, Godfrey
Coleman and Digne wingback
Allan, Doucoure, Davies
Richarlison & DCL

or 4-3-3
Pickford
Coleman or Holgate, Mina, Godfrey, Digne
Doucoure, Allan, Davies
King, DCL, Richarlison

A workman-like midfield doing the hard craft. We need legs in the middle from the start, we can't start with Gomes or Gylfi, they're midfield will just skip past us.

The key is to out run them and be direct. Get them to want it more and leave everything out on the pitch. It shouldn't be a bother to get a team wanting it more than a David Moyes outfit.

I think we are losing this one... yes yes call me pessimistic.

West Ham have been playing some good stuff, score plenty of goals and don`t conceded many. Full of energy, hard work and pace, too much for our luvvies to deal with. Of course we will huff and puff but I can see us conceding more than we score, if we score without James in the side.

I see all the sound bites coming out this week from CA saying he should be stronger on them, and the players saying they have to fight to deliver. 5 mins after kick off they will be in back in full bottle mode. 1/2 these players are not fit to wear this shirt, they probably dont even care and the fans arent in the ground to let them know!

It wont be a surprise to miss out on Europe, all I have seen for the majority of the 35 years supporting Everton is failure, that is what this club has become really good at, failure. That wont change until another 80% of this squad is moved on and replaced with quality that can improve us and carry us on to better things, unfortunately that is 3-5 years away.

I think we are losing this one... yes yes call me pessimistic.

West Ham have been playing some good stuff, score plenty of goals and don`t conceded many. Full of energy, hard work and pace, too much for our luvvies to deal with. Of course we will huff and puff but I can see us conceding more than we score, if we score without James in the side.

I see all the sound bites coming out this week from CA saying he should be stronger on them, and the players saying they have to fight to deliver. 5 mins after kick off they will be in back in full bottle mode. 1/2 these players are not fit to wear this shirt, they probably dont even care and the fans arent in the ground to let them know!

It wont be a surprise to miss out on Europe, all I have seen for the majority of the 35 years supporting Everton is failure, that is what this club has become really good at, failure. That wont change until another 80% of this squad is moved on and replaced with quality that can improve us and carry us on to better things, unfortunately that is 3-5 years away.
3-5 years away. Well if you have endured 35 years of failure what harm will another 3-5 years do? Hang in there and you know the proverb
“All things come to those that wait” Lets just hope your 3-5 years estimate is a bit off and we get there sooner ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.