Match Thread West Ham United v Everton. Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gota enjoy these days. At it. Hungry. Only down side was we were not clinical. Game should have been put to bed after 30 mins.

Just goes to show we have the players and the skill. The only thing lacking is the mentality for a fight and when things are not going to plan. Couple of players in preseason and the boys being a bit hardened and we could be onto something with Marco..... Here's hoping anyway.

I hope we don't get Europe this season aswell, will be more of a hindrance I fear for next year..

2nd half against Liverpool
1st half against Newcastle
2nd half against Chelsea
Full 90 against the Hammers

Signs that we can actually play togger bit I've gotta say yesterday was the most enjoyable Everton performance I've seen in a long time. It wasn't just where two/three players at the top their game, it was each player putting in an 8/10 performance

Absolutely lovely and some great football

From the derby and ignoring the second half against Newcastle, it's been good stuff. 7th is a real possibility, keeping up with progression of others is good ground work.

.....just wonder if we’re more suited to playing away from home. Regardless of some disappointing results, there are signs of improvement, especially when we have possession of the football.
Was basically a fancy moyes performance, dcl playing the role of Marcus bent/aj running the channels allowing pienaar/Osman/arteta - Bernard/richy/Gomes etc to run the show
And I'm ok with that :)
KITAP1-lite or whatever, its working so far. It also builds up confidence which, after a bit, it works like GD, like with City and the rs, its worth a point or 2. Depending on circumstances, it can turn a potential defeat into a draw, a potential draw into a win.

I was just looking at our away form and that was our 5th away win of the season, that's the best we've done since Martinez. That great 13/14 season we won 8 away games which is superb when you think about it. We've had a couple of seasons where we won 5 max so one more away win would give us our best away form in nearly 5 seasons.

Curious in what way? :blush:

To see whether the decent performances and results continue, or whether we'll be patchy like the majority of the season and rubbish defending set pieces.

A few weeks ago I was struggling to see where the next win would come from and felt nonchalant about the remaining games.

We still have to play three of the top six before season's end, I was thinking we would finish lower half of the table, it'll be interesting to see what happens now.

Just goes to show we have the players and the skill. The only thing lacking is the mentality for a fight and when things are not going to plan. Couple of players in preseason and the boys being a bit hardened and we could be onto something with Marco..... Here's hoping anyway.

I hope we don't get Europe this season aswell, will be more of a hindrance I fear for next year..
Disagree. We absolutely need Europe. We have to make the step up now and being a regular European team will help.

Status
Not open for further replies.