Match Thread West Ham United v Everton. Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought it was our best performance since the away win at Leicester in the autumn. Everybody played their part. The two CBs looked very comfortable defensively and Keane's composure in possession was good to see too, his experience with England seemingly having a positive effect for once. Both full backs were dynamic and supported the attack brilliantly albeit, the second goal apart, their final delivery left a lot to be desired. It's something we've come to expect from Seamus over the years but a lot of Digne's final deliveries were surprisingly off radar. Gomes and Geuye totally bossed the midfield and Siggy found lots of pockets of space and used it well. The wingers were both excellent and worked tremendously hard in tandem with their full backs. DCL led the line well and deserved a goal for his hard work. But my vote has to do to Gomes. His performance yesterday was pure sex and I can't believe some of the criticism he's currently getting in his own thread.

West Ham were poor, but we still needed to take advantage of it. The game should really have been a 4/5 zero result, so that is the one negative I take from it. It didn't matter yesterday, but our failure to take full advantage of our opportunities will see us draw or even lose closer games.

Don't think anyone can deny it was the performance of the season. First half I was blown away by how good our attacking was, especially down the left hand side. Second half we managed the game perfectly and didn't give them a sniff. Only disappointment was he didn't absolutely hammer them which we should've done. If Lukaku had been upfront it would've been 4/5-0 easily.

Seems the media are intent on declaring West Ham were just terrible and we took advantage of that.

Hardly. We tore them apart.
Whilst I agree I think it's still hard to ignore that West Ham were very poor. But you're right, the score line doesn't do the dominance of our display justice. 5/4 nil would have been a much fairer reflection and in fairness to the punters on BT and MOTD I think they acknowledged that. I think Shearer even called us brilliant, or something to that effect.

I'm normally sitting here seething that we don't get enough credit, but I'm not feeling that this morning.

Back to playing like we did earlier in the season. High tempo, quick pass and move plenty of one twos. We turned up with the determination and there were good performances all over the park. Bernard was my motm. Terrible stadium to get to from the tube and back again.
It's like somebody flicked a switch yesterday, best performance from us this season over 90 minutes IMO.

Great performance, how brilliant to enjoy watching Everton. But where has that team been for most of the season, and how often will we see that again ?

Took me two bloody hours to get out of the car park post match and the clocks going forward meant I didn't get in till half three

But then again Everton utterly smacked the crap out of them, so peaks and troughs lol
I always find it better to park way out and tube in into London grounds, think last time i went to Upton Park I stopped by Epping and got the tube from there

This is the best tonic I could have ,still buzzing, the morphine tablets have helped had a new hip inserted Friday UTFT
Back in the 80s a Merseyside band called China Crisis released an album called Flaunt the Imperfection...cracking album it was too. Walter Becker not only produced the album, but he featured prominently on it (keyboards)
...great musician, sadly missed.

Everton looked incisive from kick-off and could have been four or five up after quarter of an hour. West Ham never pulled themselves together. We could have scored more, but Fabianski was the obstacle between us and a higher score.

I'm not sure about Man of the Match - it was another complete team performance. We sat among the West Ham fans - they were not happy. All through the second half, an expanse of empty white seats spread across the stadium.

We seem to have stumbled upon a formation where our players can express themselves. Let's play the same team against Arsenal, and hope they play with the same spirit and co-ordination.

Status
Not open for further replies.