Match Thread West Bromwich Albion vs Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pickford
Holgate Keane Godfrey Digne
Davies Doucoure Gomes
James
DCL and Richy

Wouldn't be surprised if King gets a go in this one though, plenty of games in quick succession this week.

When we played these at Goodison last time out they pressed us high and forced us into a few mistakes early on one which led to a goal and another where they hit the post. I imagine they will be playing differently Thursday and we’ll be give a bit more time on the ball. If so this is the game we need James for. They’ll stick all men behind the ball and try and prevent us from getting through so we need this little magician to work his magic and Richy to use his intelligence to get in behind.

Pickford
Coleman
Holgate
Keane
Godfrey

Davies
Doucoure
Gomes
James/Siggy

DCL
Ricarlison
4-4-2- midfield Diamond

Rest Allan ,Digne ,James /Siggy for Chelsea

Either way I suspect we will see a fair bit of rotation
3 points here and 1 point against Chelsea would cap off a good fortnight

Can’t wait for the usual BFS interview where he’s rolled out and gives it “I was hard done by at Everton and has Ancelotti really improved on anything I did?”

If West Brom want to stay up they will have to go into this game looking for a win. This may suit us as we struggle to break down teams that would be happy to defend and hit us on the counter attack. Very important to get 3 points and set up a big clash with Chelsea on Monday evening. Its was all very well being top of the table early season but to break into the top our with only ten games to play would be great.

I fully expect a very hard game here. Big Sam - a better manager than many Evertonians want to acknowledge - will certainly have a plan for us. Hopefully, it is a cunning one. But the reality is Sam is the one taking a knife to a gunfight here. Carlo has all the aces. We'll learn loads about some of our players in this one. Expect plenty of roughhousing and "commitment". The likes of James and Richarlison have to deal with it - and the rest of our players need to be around the referee at the first sign of brutality. So, this game is as much about attitude and mentality for me. We will beat them on technique. But they have a chance on attitude if we show ourselves to be faint hearted.

I'm so happy that I don't have to wait a full week to watch Everton again. I trust we will have a successful game similarly to when we played against them back in September. That was a very exciting match and memorable one given that James scored his first goal for Everton.
Yeah it's real nice when things running well, you just enjoy seeing the team play

Status
Not open for further replies.