Match Thread West Bromwich Albion vs Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd happily take another scrappy 1-0 win to take us 4th but if we have to play with a bit of flair and win 6-0 you won't see me complaining.

As with the Southampton game, vital to get the first goal, and then try and control the pace of the game.

Things will be freshened, the 3 that missed last night will come in. Iwobi and King may start. Holgate, Allan, Gomes,Siggy and Dcl make way with Chelsea in mind.

Lovely dogged 1-2 win to the good guys

I genuinely think both these and Sheffield Utd make up part of the top 5 worst sides in Premier League history, it's not their fault, they're just inexperienced at the top level.

(Derby 2008, Sunderland 2003 and Huddersfield 2018).

I've never seen a side get so much luck as they did against Brighton, but they've now under the radar gone 3 unbeaten at home (having lost 0-5 x 2, 1-5, 0-3 and 0-4 in their previous five home games).

But so important to get the first goal here. We've seen with sides like Leeds, that if you can get your noses infront you can really take advantage of them coming forward. Huge game, and you can bet your life Allardyce will treat it like the biggest match of his career.

Early goal to settle the nerves and we'll ride it out. So, so important tis game.

Based on the fact there is less than 72 hours between the matches and some players are rested and fresh, my team would be something like this....

Pickford (if fit)
Holgate Keane Godfrey Digne
Davies Iwobi Doucoure
James Richarlison
DCL

Any type of win please. We wont be top four by the end of the weekend but be great to go out of the weekend still in the fight.

You have to think we'll rotate a few again here.

Hopefully the manager gets it right with whatever he goes with. No reason not to trust him though.

Reminds me of the Fulham game this - we chopped n changed to keep it fresh ahead of a much tougher game against Citeh and lost both.

For me go full strength whoever is available and get the 3 points then just hope for the best away at Chelsea.

They'll sit back and we wont get many chances to slip it into DCL therefore gonna need players on the pitch who can have a crack at goal from outside the box to try score and open them up.

Why I would be playing Sigurdsson and James (if fit) over Gomes and Iwobi who never want to have a crack.

Deffo a potential bannana skin game hate playing sides who'll put 10 behind the ball as we never do well breaking them down.

Reminds me of the Fulham game this - we chopped n changed to keep it fresh ahead of a much tougher game against Citeh and lost both.

For me go full strength whoever is available and get the 3 points then just hope for the best away at Chelsea.

They'll sit back and we wont get many chances to slip it into DCL therefore gonna need players on the pitch who can have a crack at goal from outside the box to try score and open them up.

Why I would be playing Sigurdsson and James (if fit) over Gomes and Iwobi who never want to have a crack.

Deffo a potential bannana skin game hate playing sides who'll put 10 behind the ball as we never do well breaking them down.

Don't think we can compare this with home games. It's easy to say go full strength but there are only 70 hours between matches, and that would mean Allan having to play another 90 minutes very quickly. None of us know how he will pull up this morning, chances are he's very tired. Davies comes in for me, as do James and probably Iwobi.

Don't think we can compare this with home games. It's easy to say go full strength but there are only 70 hours between matches, and that would mean Allan having to play another 90 minutes very quickly. None of us know how he will pull up this morning, chances are he's very tired. Davies comes in for me, as do James and probably Iwobi.

I would rotate Allan with Davies if fit but thats it. If we end up making 3-4 changes with one eye on the Chelsea game I think we'll potentially slip up here.

Potentially I would like to see King start on the right if no James with Gomes dropping to the bench and Glyfi in the middle and try stretch them with us playing a front 3 of forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.