Match Thread West Bromwich Albion vs Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is mate that midfield last night except for Doucoure was the same midfield Marco Silva use to play and it was a carbon copy of the type of performances we used to get.... and people want to know why the performance wasn’t outstanding... short memories ay! Carlo is literally performing miracles with this squad and that’s the truth.
Thats an excellent point and I think we often forget that. As soon as Allan came out we seemed to have so much more balance. Each day I wake up and give thanks that we have top level manager!

This season is all about results. I'm struggling to remember any of the performances from most teams this season, it's just felt relentless. Let's keep grinding it out and hopefully it gets us into Europe for next season, and with a bit of luck games with fans in attendance!
villa had a good 7-2 win early in the season
Looking back on it .it was only an average performance against a poor team :):):)

I like to think Carlo has played a masterstroke by completely resting James and Tom while managing to get us 6 points in 4 days. I dunno, I hope they're not out for Monday as they both should be playing. Sig has probably played his way into the team too but we can only play xi. I hope Seamus is fit but who knows. It's painful watching Mason at right back. Huge game Monday, jeez. I think Sig will start over James who probably won't be fit.

Pickford
Coleman Keane Godfrey Digne
Allan Doucouré Davies
Sig DCL Richarlison​
I reckon James will be fit for this
Carlo is using him sparingly this season
Only plays the big games now
When we are back to one game a week we will see him more regularly

Was working tonight, got to work an hour early to watch the 1st half. I then walked into an absolute [Poor language removed] show. On a breakdown until around half 9. I had a quick look at around 8 on my phone to check the score and to my delight we had won 1-0. I have recorded the game and will watch the 2nd half when my shift finishes. If you defend well you can win ugly against any opposition.
I work with a Chelsea fan
He took all the breakdowns from 6-8 ,I took the rest till we finished at 10
Nice system and we both got to see our games

I like to think Carlo has played a masterstroke by completely resting James and Tom while managing to get us 6 points in 4 days. I dunno, I hope they're not out for Monday as they both should be playing. Sig has probably played his way into the team too but we can only play xi. I hope Seamus is fit but who knows. It's painful watching Mason at right back. Huge game Monday, jeez. I think Sig will start over James who probably won't be fit.

Pickford
Coleman Keane Godfrey Digne
Allan Doucouré Davies
Sig DCL Richarlison​
3 days.

The thing is mate that midfield last night except for Doucoure was the same midfield Marco Silva use to play and it was a carbon copy of the type of performances we used to get.... and people want to know why the performance wasn’t outstanding... short memories ay! Carlo is literally performing miracles with this squad and that’s the truth.
Yes Carlo is getting us through this period, loads of injuries and some of those playing are not100% fit or anywhere near it, it’s not pretty but results count, and I’ll accept these performances with the injured list we’ve got, incidentally no moaning from Carlo about these injuries he just gets on with it.

Thats what we normally do but we was pulled out last night, myself and a kopite colleague both missed our matches. Well he caught the last 20 minutes of his.
Our day shift 7-30 till 3 is normally hectic
Lates 2-30 till 10 is normally a lot easier even with everything running
Less manager trying to make themselves look important
Anyway on to monday and another 3 points ,although I would settle for one

We got lucky last night, on another night we could've been down to 9 men. Turning your back on the ball (Gomes and DCL) could kill a man! o_O What is going on with the media and Everton? It's laughable now.

It was an awful game, but as others have mentioned, you look at some of the key players we're missing and that bench and suddenly, a scrappy 1-0 win against a fat Sam side, isn't a bad thing. I've watched us enough (even this season) to know that those type of games are the games we end up losing. 3 clean sheets in a row.

At this point, I couldn't care less about the performance, it's huge that we're getting the results! I'm still hesitant and pessimistic to dream of European aways, but it's becoming harder to contain the excitement.

Status
Not open for further replies.