Match Thread West Brom V Everton kick off 15.00 26th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worryingly, Sam seems to have a pretty poor record on Boxing Day fixtures losing more (seven) than any other Premier League manager.

Perhaps a by-product of his typical decision to not train on Christmas day? Either way, I doubt it'll be a comfortable performance by ourselves.
Yes, I've seen those comments over the last few pages. For me at least, I can't imagine a full on hard training session on any day before a game so I don't see that this matters so much, but what the heck do I know what goes on.
The only good thing about playing this time of the year is the copious amounts of alcohol readily available at arms length, to either deaden the pain of a defeat, or lap up a victory.
Here's hoping for the latter.

Worryingly, Sam seems to have a pretty poor record on Boxing Day fixtures losing more (seven) than any other Premier League manager.

Perhaps a by-product of his typical decision to not train on Christmas day? Either way, I doubt it'll be a comfortable performance by ourselves.

Training on xmas day is nothing more than a light session. They would have had a double session xmas eve and been given a load of information to study yesterday. Maybe even given a gps thing and told to go for a 5 mile run.

Yes, I've seen those comments over the last few pages. For me at least, I can't imagine a full on hard training session on any day before a game so I don't see that this matters so much, but what the heck do I know what goes on.
The only good thing about playing this time of the year is the copious amounts of alcohol readily available at arms length, to either deaden the pain of a defeat, or lap up a victory.
Here's hoping for the latter.

Training on xmas day is nothing more than a light session. They would have had a double session xmas eve and been given a load of information to study yesterday. Maybe even given a gps thing and told to go for a 5 mile run.
It's not the physical aspect of a training session that I feel is important, as I'm fully aware that any session on the day would be airing on light.

Rather, my concern is based on complacency setting with regards to having a day off full of temptation (food, ale et al) amongst other things.

For all the good will in the world along with preparation on Christmas eve, some players are not the consummate professionals we all desire.

I hope that I am wrong - I'd be more than happy to be wrong. However, Sam's record on Boxing Day fixtures doesn't fill me with optimism.

Both managers will have to rotate their squads during this rush of fixtures. So it's unlikely either team will be at full strength.

Then there will be injuries and suspensions too. Altogether, it's very difficult to predict results in this period.

We are in a run of great good fortune just now - but it cannot last for ever.

I think this will be a tough game but I will be disappointed if we don't win.

I'm not sure who is fit for this but we need to show more ambition going forward.

Another win please Santa, er, Sam.

I'm hugely confident Samuel will easily out think the absolute charlatan Pardew and we will win comfortably.

Who's the better dancer though?

Ngw6dm.gif

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.