Were you surprised Newcastle beat us today

Were you actually surprised by today's result?

• Yes

Votes: 50 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 150 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Before game i had it to be 1-1 or 2-1 Everton-thought this was one of the most near enough nailed on draws you may get,at 2-0 HT Everton and as ever and you really have to be Everton fan to understand it i was more nervous us leading than drawing/losing, i thought if we conceed, we would panic, and it would end 2-2 at worst,didnt expect Everton to do an Everton style mess up even bigger than usual and lose though-pretty outstanding from us

I was in the Liverpool museum with my daughters..

Realised it was half time and checked the score!

Older one said, I bet Newcastle win 3-2..

When we got home and saw the result, the youngest declared 'I give up on Everton, they're rubbish. I like Man City instead, cos they're blue too!'

1st goal in the 2nd half was always going to be crucial given how the 1st half panned out. Everton are just one big, constant disappointment.

I am with your youngest. City are magnificent to watch, and in a day and age of financial power wins, why wouldn't you choose a Manchester team.

Nope, not at all surprised and expected it. If there is one thing that Silva has been consistent with in his time in the premier league it is being inconsistent. Expecting that to change just because he is now in charge of Everton is unfounded and naive.

Didn't pay much attention initially as fully expected us to lose. Saw we were 2 - 0 up and allowed myself to believe we may have turned a corner, but could still see a 2 - 2 being realistic as I have no faith in the player's mental strength. As soon as I heard Newcastle had got one back I feared the worst.

This set of players and this manager are a joke. The vast majority of them don't deserve to represent our club.

Didn't pay much attention initially as fully expected us to lose. Saw we were 2 - 0 up and allowed myself to believe we may have turned a corner

Those were my thoughts. Whilst only a draw in the derby, it gave us some confidence & despite the penalty incident we played very well in the first half.

2-0 up away from home, riding our luck but playing well and with confidence, I thought this was us turning a corner & perhaps having a good end to the season.

After throwing away all that hard work, we are 9pts clear of 18th with 8 games left. Problem is our next 3 home games are Chelsea, Arsenal & Man Utd who all want a top 4 place. Burnley at home 2nd last game is our only chance of points in this environment. The away games all have an element of trickiness too. Fellow strugglers West Ham & Burnley, Fulham who could still be playing for their lives and then we end at Spurs who could still have something to play for.

I reckon 14th is as high as we will finish, which is absolutely terrible.

Those were my thoughts. Whilst only a draw in the derby, it gave us some confidence & despite the penalty incident we played very well in the first half.

2-0 up away from home, riding our luck but playing well and with confidence, I thought this was us turning a corner & perhaps having a good end to the season.

After throwing away all that hard work, we are 9pts clear of 18th with 8 games left. Problem is our next 3 home games are Chelsea, Arsenal & Man Utd who all want a top 4 place. Burnley at home 2nd last game is our only chance of points in this environment. The away games all have an element of trickiness too. Fellow strugglers West Ham & Burnley, Fulham who could still be playing for their lives and then we end at Spurs who could still have something to play for.

I reckon 14th is as high as we will finish, which is absolutely terrible.

Looking very likely that we will finish lower than 11th for the first time in 15 years given our remaining fixtures.

Status
Not open for further replies.