We're not just on a good run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namdrater

Player Valuation: £15m
I was thinking about how well we've done since the derby and thought I'd check the top 4 since after that game and this is what I've figured:

Man Utd 18 44
Chelsea 18 41
Everton 18 40
Arsenal 18 39

In our first 10 games we only got 13 points which shows that a run of 18 premier league games, getting 40 points, is fantastic. If only we started the first 10 games as well as we've done since that derby day, we could actually be in with a shot for the title. I think this makes me way more optimistic about getting that 4th spot and next season challenge for perhaps even more. We've only lost 2 games since the Liverpool game, one against Man Utd last second penalty and one against the arse. Conceded only 2 goals this year in the league.

We've been just as consistent as the top 3 for almost 2/3 of the season ;)

Last edited:
It shows how far we've progressed as a team this season alone. I think those early games we were still trying to get Yak, Jags and Pienaar settled into the team. Now those three are arguably our best performers and it's showing in the way we're playing.

Good shout mate! The defence deserve special credit for how theyve been performing recently, still not convinced on Howard though.

When you think what happened in the Derby and the fact we were disallowed a perfectly sound goal against blackburn, we could be even higher. I want even start on penalty's!

Does this make me bitter?

If we can keep the fluidity in the side with alot of people being able to switch positions it'll really cause teams problems next year. Pienaar, Fernandes, Arteta and Osman can all play in eachothers positions and now that they've settled into the team. (bar fernandes.)

Great stats mate. I thnk it says alot about just how well we have been playing this year. Can you say we have reached our limit? Arteta has been nowhere near his best. I think he can be better next year, as can a settled Baines and Pienaar. I think Lescott can be better, and obviously Vaughan and Big Vic can improve. The only downside is Carsley who will be very, very hard to replace.
If we can find the next Carsley to compliment the midfield alongside Ossie, get Arteta back to full fitness, we will be an absolute force to be reckoned with.

I did [Poor language removed] up, Arsenals on 39, but thats not equal to us, just checked on their website :p

Fantastic post - articulates my thoughts about how good we actually are at the moment, and my belief we'll get fourth, albeit probably have to be on goal difference. And yes I know I'm probably wrong :D

We showed our real quality in Jan, picking up points with major players missing, and we have hardly put a foot wrong since! I just have a feeling. Might go stick a tenner on it actually - or should I wait til after the RSvWHU game? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.