"We need to move from Goodison"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too!

Good question. But I heard him on Sky Sports about 2 weeks ago saying that we're trying our up most to move. Just like he's trying his up most to sell the club..

However he also says that money for buying players and money for a new stadium are separate?[/QUOTE] So we've got two pots with nothing in them

Pretty much! Just thought he was implying we did actually have some money for a new stadium.

I'm hoping Kenwright is sorting out a groundshare move with the Reds. It's the most logical option. Build a super stadium that can put the city of Liverpool back at the top of the footballing landscape and make both clubs competitive with the footballing elite.

The new fair play rules will be kicking in soon, where with each 3 successive seasons clubs "allowed" debt will be continually lowered until clubs eventually have to break even. As we stand atm we're in big trouble, the new rules will help the elite clubs to dominate even more, due to overseas sales of shirts etc and other income. Our only option to compete is to build a new stadium that can generate enough income to compete.

To all the anti groundshare brigade, do you want us to be a mid table team, at best, for the next few decades? Because without finding some way to get a new stadium built asap we're heading for a fall. We'll be forced to sell our star players sooner and will be even further behind the top teams. I'm sure all the anti brigade will be the first to complain when our star players go, when they are part of the problem.

Winning cures everything. This is the one true axiom in sports. I am no expert on what Merseysiders think concerning a new stadium, but I am sure that if we do move into one, even if its a groundshare, all will be good if we are winning cups and are competing at the top of the table.

Celtic & Rangers play each other every week there mate, it's called Scotland.

Scotland is the most beautiful part of the UK!!! Okay, maybe we can exclude Glasgow from this.

As for our stadium issue, I think if we can survive the next decade as a football club at all given the economic nuclear holocaust that's coming to the world, we'll be doing well (bar a proper investor that is).

I have to agree with a move away from Goodison. When you think about the sort of revenue the newly built stadiums are bringing in, it would have to be the basis of any sound business plan to get the club's finances back on track.

As far as sharing with the sh1te, that doesn't bother me - It happens in other great cities across Europe/the world so why not in this great city? BUT, they would have to make it special, huge capacity etc as said earlier so as to attract Internationals and other top sporting fixtures. I read an article a few weeks back when BK was questioned on a possible groundshare - he said that the current owners were a lot more openminded to the idea, so who knows, there may be some mileage in this.

I have to agree with a move away from Goodison. When you think about the sort of revenue the newly built stadiums are bringing in, it would have to be the basis of any sound business plan to get the club's finances back on track.

As far as sharing with the sh1te, that doesn't bother me - It happens in other great cities across Europe/the world so why not in this great city? BUT, they would have to make it special, huge capacity etc as said earlier so as to attract Internationals and other top sporting fixtures. I read an article a few weeks back when BK was questioned on a possible groundshare - he said that the current owners were a lot more openminded to the idea, so who knows, there may be some mileage in this.

we cant even fill goodison

Does anyone know if we've tried Kirsty Allsop?

If she can't relocate us, she would probably help us spruce up Goodison, using just some homemade stencils and some Victorian sanitary towels.

Status
Not open for further replies.