We are better than Liverpool?

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, I know they are not the barometer against which we should measure ourselves. However they are our neighbours and subconsciously we all look sideways to see where we are at compared to the not so lovable, badly behaved, flag waving red mutants.

I think we are better than them.

I'd never have made that statement before January but the additions of Lookman and Schneiderlin plus the emergence of Davies has really made a huge difference. Not only to the quality of the players individually on the field but to our ability to play the way RK wants to.

Joel is better than either of their keepers.

Our full backs are superior, right back is debatable but no question about Baines vs Milner.

Midfield is where the difference has been made. Whereas they boast a plethora of fancy Dan number 10's who turn up one game in three, it is unbalanced and offers little protection to their comical defence and goalie.

The fact that they hold Adam Lallana as some sort of demi-God speaks volumes for where they are at. Henderson will always be average at best, looks good when the aforementioned number 10's are having their monthly stormers but ultimately is about as inspiring as a bowl of bran flakes at a hotel breakfast buffet.

Our midfield options are fluid and healthy. Barkley can be whatever he wants. He's been crap this season apparently yet has about 54 assists. Gueye and Schneiderlin are a duo that can anchor our side for the next 5 seasons. Davies is mustard.

We have Romelu Lukaku, don't think I need to expand on that.

As is stands now I think we have the edge and it's only going to get better. The ambition of Everton for once is very evident and it is clear we are going places under the ownership of Moshiri.

As a 33 year old who has seen a few false dawns come and go it is refreshing to feel the tide turning 'for real'. Long may it continue hey!
xgllya.gif

First off, I know they are not the barometer against which we should measure ourselves. However they are our neighbours and subconsciously we all look sideways to see where we are at compared to the not so lovable, badly behaved, flag waving red mutants.

I think we are better than them.

I'd never have made that statement before January but the additions of Lookman and Schneiderlin plus the emergence of Davies has really made a huge difference. Not only to the quality of the players individually on the field but to our ability to play the way RK wants to.

Joel is better than either of their keepers.

Our full backs are superior, right back is debatable but no question about Baines vs Milner.

Midfield is where the difference has been made. Whereas they boast a plethora of fancy Dan number 10's who turn up one game in three, it is unbalanced and offers little protection to their comical defence and goalie.

The fact that they hold Adam Lallana as some sort of demi-God speaks volumes for where they are at. Henderson will always be average at best, looks good when the aforementioned number 10's are having their monthly stormers but ultimately is about as inspiring as a bowl of bran flakes at a hotel breakfast buffet.

Our midfield options are fluid and healthy. Barkley can be whatever he wants. He's been crap this season apparently yet has about 54 assists. Gueye and Schneiderlin are a duo that can anchor our side for the next 5 seasons. Davies is mustard.

We have Romelu Lukaku, don't think I need to expand on that.

As is stands now I think we have the edge and it's only going to get better. The ambition of Everton for once is very evident and it is clear we are going places under the ownership of Moshiri.

As a 33 year old who has seen a few false dawns come and go it is refreshing to feel the tide turning 'for real'. Long may it continue hey!

And yet there they sit, eight of nine points ahead of us in the table......:p

Which is a total mystery to me because I agree with your player analysis ;)

That's 8 pages of people misreading your post mate

Thats their problem not mine.

Ross Barkley just done an interview with sky sports saying he wants to finish above them. The players think its possible and given performances since January, so do I.

Thats their problem not mine.

Ross Barkley just done an interview with sky sports saying he wants to finish above them. The players think its possible and given performances since January, so do I.

That's fine, but that's not the same as saying "we are better than them RIGHT NOW" in fact, it's actually saying "we MIGHT be better than them AT THE END OF THE SEASON and the league table might show it"

You've got yourself in an utter mess here

That's fine, but that's not the same as saying "we are better than them RIGHT NOW" in fact, it's actually saying "we MIGHT be better than them AT THE END OF THE SEASON and the league table might show it"

You've got yourself in an utter mess here

Im really not bothered mate. More important things in life.

I think we have a better team than the RS. So do loads of blues. Get over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.