We are back at the top table.....?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes unfortunately football is about football and not a beauty contest. Would rather still be in the League cup than in a Sky graphic (channeling my inner Davek)
Agree entirely here mate.
However it’s nice that we have a place in that graphic and I suspect that Sky are taking note of the fact that our football is starting to look attractive and fast again. A world away from the dull, plodding, negative rubbish served up by the previous incumbents of the manager’s office.

Does this represent an actual effort by sky to promote us again? Perhaps our viewing figures for televised games are up and they are taking notice, that and the fact we have 2 Brazilians and a load of Barca players.

Wasn't so long ago, we would be 5th or even 4th and they would ignore us and include the 5th/6th placed club instead.

We will see I guess.
Either that or they think Marco Silva is relatively young and sexy and worth a tv spot.

I wouldn't read anything into this, we got inclusion on one of their graphics alongside the big six, is that it?

I couldn't discern any change in tack from Sky towards us yesterday, for good or bad, compared with the norm.

Jorginhos "challenge" was appalling to most neutral observers, I do recall Souness saying he could have walked for it, but only in the context of saying Mina could have been sent off also.

Too much is being made of it, I very much doubt Sky Sports have made some strategic decision that there is now a big seven.

Let's do our talking on the pitch, if we become good enough, we'll be included in their cabal then.

Status
Not open for further replies.