Wayne was to play at Carragher's testimonial !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dushku

Player Valuation: £1m
I can't post links 'cos I'm a mere pauper and only a fraction of the £5 million some are on here :(

According to a Guardian article dated 10th September :

"It has not been reported until now but a few weeks ago, when everything seemed so much more innocent, Rooney agreed to play for an Everton XI in Jamie Carragher's testimonial at Anfield and take some of the flak off Michael Owen, representing the home side. David Moyes, the Everton manager, had written to his former player, copying in Sir Alex Ferguson, and the response was favourable: Rooney wanted that buzz again of wearing the shirt, representing the club where he spent his football education."

How this would of gone down is anyone's guess - Just how much does the blue blood clot in your veins once you leave a club and become a hero 30 miles down the road? Has enough water gone under the proverbial bridge. Would Moyes need his arm twisting to make the phone call to ask him to play ? Even if Carragher had asked him, he'd still have to have run it passed by Moyes, as Moyes was managing the Everton select XI that day. How would the fans of reacted on the day ?

Wayne's tried to mend bridges, his recent interview on the O.S made that clear and he's always maintained that one day he wants to return to play for us.

Can you go from having your walls plastered with Everton posters and scarves in a council house in Croxteth to feeling nothing in six years or even with the maelstrom around him can he still feel the lure of the Old Lady in his blood still ? :huh::rolleyes:

I'm sure this has been mentioned.

And it's blatently obvious he wants to play for us again.

Sorry.. B.L.S, Ijust cam across the article just now..sorry if it's going 'over old ground' :(

and moving on.... :)

Sorry.. B.L.S, Ijust cam across the article just now..sorry if it's going 'over old ground' :(

and moving on.... :)

Doesn't matter. You're opinion is as valid as mine is. It's not your fault if you didn't see the other thread.

He's more often than not a turd but can work his way for forgiveness by continuning to play like S#$/not playing at all against us.

I can't post links 'cos I'm a mere pauper and only a fraction of the £5 million some are on here :(

According to a Guardian article dated 10th September :

"It has not been reported until now but a few weeks ago, when everything seemed so much more innocent, Rooney agreed to play for an Everton XI in Jamie Carragher's testimonial at Anfield and take some of the flak off Michael Owen, representing the home side. David Moyes, the Everton manager, had written to his former player, copying in Sir Alex Ferguson, and the response was favourable: Rooney wanted that buzz again of wearing the shirt, representing the club where he spent his football education."

How this would of gone down is anyone's guess - Just how much does the blue blood clot in your veins once you leave a club and become a hero 30 miles down the road? Has enough water gone under the proverbial bridge. Would Moyes need his arm twisting to make the phone call to ask him to play ? Even if Carragher had asked him, he'd still have to have run it passed by Moyes, as Moyes was managing the Everton select XI that day. How would the fans of reacted on the day ?

Wayne's tried to mend bridges, his recent interview on the O.S made that clear and he's always maintained that one day he wants to return to play for us.

Can you go from having your walls plastered with Everton posters and scarves in a council house in Croxteth to feeling nothing in six years or even with the maelstrom around him can he still feel the lure of the Old Lady in his blood still ? :huh::rolleyes:

It's true , apparently .

He was up for it , too .

N.O.T.W. Woulda put paid to it , anyway .

He definately wants to , " play with us " , again , though .

Personalities aside, isn't Rooney the missing link? ( I mean in a football way btw!)
We have a great flowing attractive style at times to us, and need some quality to get the job done.
Can only dream...

He's got 2 years to sort his mess of a life out if he wants to come back to help the club and not himself, provided he hasn't turned in to a complete train wreck. I have serious doubts it'll ever not be about him, though. When all is said and done, the prodigal son need not return for Everton Football Club to be successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.