2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yet another 'performance' displaying just what a bad signing he has been. Scored a few penalties and scored a hat trick against a pathetic West Ham. Apart from that, utter dog dirt.

He's so bad.

Beyond thankful for his goals this season as without we'd be in trouble. However, I'm so sick of all these Hollywood passes he tries and the amount of times he loses it.

Appalling footballer, one of a few players at the core of our attacking/possession problems.

1 good pass in 10 is not acceptable.

Pack this knobhead off to China.

Loses the ball nine times out of ten.

You're right. Let's have more centre midfielders who pass the ball sideways- a difficult skill.
We want MORE Morgan.
That pass to Walcott that rescued a point doesn't count of course. Doesn't fit your agenda.

You're right. Let's have more centre midfielders who pass the ball sideways- a difficult skill.
We want MORE Morgan.
That pass to Walcott that rescued a point doesn't count of course. Doesn't fit your agenda.

My agenda is a little broader, i.e the many games we've lost because we can't mount an attack as it constantly breaks down through Wayne's:

- Wayward hollywood passes
- Inability to guard and hold the ball
- first time passes going straight backwards to where they came from
- fear of turning, facing and running towards the goal in advanced areas

We want MORE Morgan.

The argument is not that he can't place a quality ball from time to time. Its that there is a limited amount of consistency. Push back, the number of passes that he has given away in our own end under little to no pressure don't count?

He is a legend, no question. This is not the argument.
His consistency is only exacerbating our problems. We have loads.

I do think however, playing where he played today is the right place for him. It seems to allow for him to pick out a pass of quality that he did in fact do today with the Rooney to walcott to niasse goal.

Last edited:
My agenda is a little broader, i.e the many games we've lost because we can't mount an attack as it constantly breaks down through Wayne's:

- Wayward hollywood passes
- Inability to guard and hold the ball
- first time passes going straight backwards to where they came from
- fear of turning, facing and running towards the goal in advanced areas

1) Yes. What we need is smaller, slower build up via our plethora of positive midfielders against a resolute WBA team. We don't need switches to try and isolate Walcott against the left back. Of course, sometimes they don't come off. The notion they are "Hollywood" is because they are extremely difficult to execute. Should he have just given it to Schneiderlin instead?
2) Of course, if you're an opposition you go after the 32 year old. Yes, he could be better at holding it but again, surely a CM should come and take it off him? Or is he expected to hold it for an infinite amount of time? Bearing in mind your assessment he isn't allowed to attempt difficult passes?
3) Keeping possession? No Hollywood passes. But not allowed to go backwards given he's under pressure and he's 32 and knows some young stud is going to be gunning for him.
4) literally the only player we have that does this. And him facing the goal and playing a Hollywood pass created the goal. You miss it?

Also, throw in he's our top goalscorer with 10/11 goals.
How many has Lacazette scored? Lukaku?

Status
Not open for further replies.