2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lads you heard him. You know who you are. Just step forward and offering a full apology and save us having to vault every single one of you freaks into a shameful ban.

I've probably called him fat and slow and made fun of him in plenty of posts, but my actual opinion should be in there too....that he will do well in his time here, but I have no interest in having him at the club.

(Pre-emptive defensive strike against possible misreprentative vaulting)

love the way he could pop up anywhere on the pitch.
he was actually passing it between our defenders at one stage

then hey presto he's up in the far corner fighting for the ball.

he also put Baines clean through with a sublime flick
and by his high standards will be annoyed with his miss when through on goal

I am chuffed for the lad. I hope he keeps banging in the goals. Retiring from England is good news too.

But I personally think he is running on adrenaline at the moment. I just can't remove his awful 3 seasons at Utd out of my head.

Look, if I keep saying he will be rubbish then he will keep proving me wrong and everyone is happy.

@Elong

Another terrific performance today. :coffee:

He won't replace Rom's goal output, but so long as Wayne is putting in the performances and chipping in with some goals here and there, then we'll be happy.I think even at this early stage Wayne's winning mentality is rubbing off on the team.Thing's like getting on the referees back and that.We were a mentally weak and meek team in a lot of big matches over the years, but i think Wayne is helping even at this early stage to turn all that on it's head.

He won't replace Rom's goal output, but so long as Wayne is putting in the performances and chipping in with some goals here and there, then we'll be happy.I think even at this early stage Wayne's winning mentality is rubbing off on the team.Thing's like getting on the referees back and that.We were a mentally weak and meek team in a lot of big matches over the years, but i think Wayne is helping even at this early stage to turn all that on it's head.
Agree with this. There is a different mentality in the team now. Hopefully carry it over the whole season with a believe we can be going away from home anywhere and getting results.
What an example to all the young lads in the squad. popped up at left back after 80 odd minutes last night when baines was caught upfield.

he's earned it.

trophy_yellow_teen_locker.png

I know its a way off yet... but has there been a player in the history of Europa League who has won it in consecutive years with different teams?

Status
Not open for further replies.