2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is our "legend"?

Belfast? The USA? North West England?

Has he left us to be a legend elsewhere? Frankly it feels like the deal is replicating Wayne's form this season. Decent start, a few flashes where something looks like it might happen and then a gravy addled bloater struggling to keep up with the pace of the game.

Is this the cause of his rift with Allardyce? Not enough gravy to go round?

Football Legend -yes
Everton legend - no.
Exactly. Do wish he could accept a role as an impact sub.
Not gonna lie, it still feels a bit surreal he is back, on a free. (ish).

Early signs are encouraging, think thats fair, but the coverage him coming back has generated has been quite amazing.

Quietly optimistic that he will ram some of the crap that comes his way, back down some folks throats.

Wayne Rooney is very much past his best. Everton have to balance the books a bit, reduce the squad and Wayne is highly paid so that is an issue.
He has not got the pace for ninety minutes 'in the thick of it' any more.
He is also beyond doubt the most talented individual to emerge from the UK in my lifetime, and I am 58. If he was a bit more of a selfish pratt like Ronaldo he would be recognised as one of the best ever in the world. Rooney's skills are beyond belief but he has always been a team player. My Man U friends used to tell me that Ronaldo got the press, Rooney ran the game. If he could accept being an impact sub once the game has matured a bit and opened up then I would be pleased if he stayed. He has more skill in his little toe than most players ever to set foot in this country, but he can't be a starter in the Premier League any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.