2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.

I am... confused by the reaction in here.

He faded second half and tried a few unnecessary Hollywood passes as a result of fatigue, but he was far from crap.

First half he was decidedly good. One of our best in fact. Nearly set up two or three goals, which seems to have been totally swept under the carpet!

Didn't actually want him back but even so I'm going to judge his performances for what they are.

I'm sorry but he was so bad in the first half that I felt sorry for him. I was optimistic before he season started about him, but his movement is not good enough to compensate for his lack of pace or physical presence. He played much better once he dropped back a bit. Having said that, I'd much rather Klassen in that position.

Just in case many of you either didn't watch or have severe short term memory loss, which I'm beginning to suspect, he:

• Picked a beautiful long range pass for DCL on the right which would have connected but the youngster didn't anticipate it.
  • Sold a dummy which nearly put Mirallas in.
  • Picked out a ridiculously good pass for the run of Klaasen, which forged our best chance of the night.

Not sure what you expected from him when they seemed to have 2 or 3 on him most of the time and he has only just really started proper pre-season training. Match fitness will come and so will the decent performances.

He was really poor second half, but then the team as a whole was off the pace. Jury is out for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.