2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also the best combo we have at the minute seems to be Rooney, Davies and Gueye. The way Allardyce hand picks games and rests players in the ones we "won't win", I wish he'd play the closest players he could to that midfield trio.

think he can be effective in some games personally, shouldnt play week in week out though

appears sams picking on how much we paid and wages based on his lookman comments

Most penalties in the league and a hatrick against a terrible West Ham team. He’s rubbish and a hinderence. Much rather persist with an actual midfielder, like Tom Davies, than shoehorn him in there.

But Rooney is an actual midfielder. If you cant see that then you have no grasp of football. Shoehorning him in was when Koeman the mentalist thought he could be a like for like replacement for Lukaku.

I'm 39 TT and Wayne leaving is the only time I've ever been devastated an Everton player has left. Horrible feeling, gut wrenching.

I think I even mentioned here when he re signed that I was more emotional than I've ever been with any player signing as it gave me peace of mind.

Great player, knows his football. Wish we had got him 3 years ago but I'm not arsed what anyone says, he's gave us our brightest moments this season.

Bag another 5 or 6 along with a winner against the shyte this season and he can say job done.
For me, it was Alex Young leaving that was the worst feeling. It was the fact that Everton were the current ('62/'63) champions that pulled me in. That was the act of a glory-hunting 10 year-old, from north London, but I idolised The Golden Vision. It was bad enough when Fred Pickering was signed from Blackburn but, when Alex left, I wept like the child I was.

ok just watched all the MNF commentary

better than I would've thought
, seems to be a bit more self-aware than I thought, also zero analysis done better than martinez during his World Cup coverage. He'd get us to fifth!! Appoint him Fo!!
When you've just finished playing a match, are knackered, out of breath, clammy with drying sweat, and the adrenaline is either pumping or subsiding..then have a microphone shoved in your face, it's probably not the easiest thing to come out with one-liners.

But Rooney is an actual midfielder. If you cant see that then you have no grasp of football. Shoehorning him in was when Koeman the mentalist thought he could be a like for like replacement for Lukaku.
Rooney is a striker who can no longer do than role, so we've got to shoehorn him into midfield where the pace isn't as fast. We've then seen him drop off in that role as he had been sussed out. His 1 in 10 Hollywood passes are a joke. Any other player loses the ball as much as him and they're hauled off, not golden boy, Rooney, though.

We should be concentrating on players for the team next season. Doesnt bear thinking about, this fat waste still playing games next season.

Rooney is a striker who can no longer do than role, so we've got to shoehorn him into midfield where the pace isn't as fast. We've then seen him drop off in that role as he had been sussed out. His 1 in 10 Hollywood passes are a joke. Any other player loses the ball as much as him and they're hauled off, not golden boy, Rooney, though.

We should be concentrating on players for the team next season. Doesnt bear thinking about, this fat waste still playing games next season.

Disagree completely.

Rooney is a completely appalling striker or 10 these days. I mean like so bad. I've criticised his performances in the 9 positions very strongly but in hindsight it was more down to terrible coaching.

But midfield is all about blend. Rooney is our best passer. Yes he makes errors in the tight spaces but he is extremely brave in possession, almost too brave, and he takes all the pressure off those around him in terms of distribution. Gueye is terrible with Schneiderlein as neither want to take responsibility. But with Rooney, Gueye can play his energetic game of hassling opponents and it isn't destroying the balance of the team. Davies with those 2 gives more legs and directness in attack. He's the one prepared to make the advanced runs and rooney is the one who can find him.

I'm not saying it's a top midfield but we've seen it work well and we've seen us battered trying Schneiderlein as pivot. You can't play any sort of football if you don't have a deep lying midfielder with distribution skills, and more importantly strong mental strength on the ball. To suggest Rooney is a striker is absurd and I think we've seen he most definitely is not. He needs the game to be played in front of him.

I dread to think where we would be without him this season. Take away his goals/assists etc we’d most likely be in the bottom 3.

Disagree completely.

Rooney is a completely appalling striker or 10 these days. I mean like so bad. I've criticised his performances in the 9 positions very strongly but in hindsight it was more down to terrible coaching.

But midfield is all about blend. Rooney is our best passer. Yes he makes errors in the tight spaces but he is extremely brave in possession, almost too brave, and he takes all the pressure off those around him in terms of distribution. Gueye is terrible with Schneiderlein as neither want to take responsibility. But with Rooney, Gueye can play his energetic game of hassling opponents and it isn't destroying the balance of the team. Davies with those 2 gives more legs and directness in attack. He's the one prepared to make the advanced runs and rooney is the one who can find him.

I'm not saying it's a top midfield but we've seen it work well and we've seen us battered trying Schneiderlein as pivot. You can't play any sort of football if you don't have a deep lying midfielder with distribution skills, and more importantly strong mental strength on the ball. To suggest Rooney is a striker is absurd and I think we've seen he most definitely is not. He needs the game to be played in front of him.
Too brave in possession - because he thinks he can do whatever he wants. He has no positional sense and continually loses the ball in dangerous areas. He slows the entire game down.

I question anyone's ambition for Everton if they want him play. Kenwright has his dirty paws all over this horrid signing.

The fact he is our highest paid player in history makes me sick.

Biggest Evertonian there is. No, not Wayne.

Bill_Kenwright_666x_785342a-e1363622146662.jpg

But HEY, isn't it just oh so curious that he's nowhere to be seen recently?

Has he made any sort of televised appearance since "what a manager"? Genuinely though?

Too brave in possession - because he thinks he can do whatever he wants. He has no positional sense and continually loses the ball in dangerous areas. He slows the entire game down.

I question anyone's ambition for Everton if they want him play. Kenwright has his dirty paws all over this horrid signing.

The fact he is our highest paid player in history makes me sick.
People want him to play because we haven’t got a better alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.