Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
At 150,000 a week, he's not going to be spending much time on the bench. We could've kept Kone to do that.
The merchandising and kudos of signing him will make good money for the club. I would imagine he'll be doing lots of PR and raising the profile of the club. The playing side is only part of it, and if he continues in the kind of form he's shown for Utd recently, he will be on the bench.

The merchandising and kudos of signing him will make good money for the club. I would imagine he'll be doing lots of PR and raising the profile of the club. The playing side is only part of it, and if he continues in the kind of form he's shown for Utd recently, he will be on the bench.

I suspect that he's also got one eye on life after footy too.

It makes sense for him to come back and finish his career here and go straight into the back room staff in some capacity,. Let's face it, he's not going to take up punditry lol

I think its fantastic.

I think hes got a LOT to prove, the only thing in his way is a rapidly failing body.

I would rather look at it with rose tinted glasses than get myself all in a tizz over it, lifes way to short to pick holes in EVERYTHING.

I could have taken or left him to be honest, but its happening, so I will do what I do with every new signing and support it, judge them them on how they perform for us. With Rooney its different, we watched him burst on the scene, we watched him leave, we watched the badge kissing, we watched him break records for club and country and we watched him win everything there is to win.

And now hes coming back, not at his peak, but right when everything tells you hes done, but thats where the romance comes in, hes 1 of us, despite his many "faults", he never stopped supporting the blues, sure thats not enough, hes gonna have to perform, will he perform? Only time will tell, but till then im gonna be happy we have signed somebody that at 1 point, not a million years ago, somebody that was the best Striker in the league.

Rooney, Rooney, Rooney.

^^^^^Best post of the thread^^^^^....

I think its fantastic.

I think hes got a LOT to prove, the only thing in his way is a rapidly failing body.

I would rather look at it with rose tinted glasses than get myself all in a tizz over it, lifes way to short to pick holes in EVERYTHING.

I could have taken or left him to be honest, but its happening, so I will do what I do with every new signing and support it, judge them them on how they perform for us. With Rooney its different, we watched him burst on the scene, we watched him leave, we watched the badge kissing, we watched him break records for club and country and we watched him win everything there is to win.

And now hes coming back, not at his peak, but right when everything tells you hes done, but thats where the romance comes in, hes 1 of us, despite his many "faults", he never stopped supporting the blues, sure thats not enough, hes gonna have to perform, will he perform? Only time will tell, but till then im gonna be happy we have signed somebody that at 1 point, not a million years ago, somebody that was the best Striker in the league.

Rooney, Rooney, Rooney.
We'll see how much desire he's got left, as he needs to improve his fitness and work as hard as he ever has in training if he's going to make a real impact. Has he got that level of desire? We'll find out shortly

We'll see how much desire he's got left, as he needs to improve his fitness and work as hard as he ever has in training if he's going to make a real impact. Has he got that level of desire? We'll find out shortly

It's all down to fitness, as his skill and technique has never in doubt.

Who knows maybe he'd gone stale at Man U and needed a change of scenery to get his motivation back ?.

We'll see in the first couple of games how hard his pre season has been.

I'm generally a refusenik on this one but it is happening so we need to get behind him. One faint glimmer of hope from me is that the shots of him signing autographs yesterday showed none of the puffiness and loose flesh of recent years. He looks like he has made some effort to come to us in some sort of shape. If that heralds a renewed fire/commitment then he may yet have something left in the tank.

Like everyone else, I hated it when he went, like a betrayal. But time has moved on, hearts have been healed. I am in my mid 60's and I've seen some greats play for the blues, real trophy winners who loved Everton, but I am more excited about Rooney's return to the club than perhaps any other signing.......it may be irrational or even romanticism but it's passion that makes our club great and our teams perform.......

Like everyone else, I hated it when he went, like a betrayal. But time has moved on, hearts have been healed. I am in my mid 60's and I've seen some greats play for the blues, real trophy winners who loved Everton, but I am more excited about Rooney's return to the club than perhaps any other signing.......it may be irrational or even romanticism but it's passion that makes our club great and our teams perform.......

Brought a tear to my eye that Pete.

* Are you related to Kenwright by any chance ?

I love Rooney and glad he's back. I get a feeling this is more of a club statement than footballing decision, sort of put Everton on people's lips again and at the same time take the sting off selling Lukaku.

Is it Moshiri thinking long term on this one with short term football benefits?

We resign a global name in football, thinking China here. I was speaking to an Everton fan in the Brick from Hong Kong who worked in London but lived in Southampton. Asked him why he supported Everton and he said Rooney. I think people underestimate the global appeal of Rooney.

Short term, we get a experienced player who has won it all with a strong mentality and let's not forget a world class player on his day, hope he can roll back the years. Maybe move into coaching afterwards. I honestly think people will be surprised about what he still has to offer at Everton.

I love Rooney and glad he's back. I get a feeling this is more of a club statement than footballing decision, sort of put Everton on people's lips again and at the same time take the sting off selling Lukaku.

Is it Moshiri thinking long term on this one with short term football benefits?

We resign a global name in football, thinking China here. I was speaking to an Everton fan in the Brick from Hong Kong who worked in London but lived in Southampton. Asked him why he supported Everton and he said Rooney. I think people underestimate the global appeal of Rooney.

Short term, we get a experienced player who has won it all with a strong mentality and let's not forget a world class player on his day, hope he can roll back the years. Maybe move into coaching afterwards. I honestly think people will be surprised about what he still has to offer at Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.