Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't understand what utd get out of this deal? They are paying him 125k a week to play for us. We could well be in a battle with them for CL football. Unless we knock a few £ of the Lukaku fee

Hi mate, throwing food is unacceptable.
Tell that to the Kopite who caught poor old Imre Varadi clean in the grid with one from the old park end mate.

I usually buy a sausage roll anyway ffs, and after 3 pints of Chang I'm not wasting that on our Wayne.

This loan deal doesn't sit right with me, shows no commitment from Rooney. It's basically Rooney wanting his cake and eating it. He's going to come here for a year on huge wages that UTD have to pay him and then I wouldn't be suprised if he did one at the end of the season to the USA or ASIA. If he really wanted to be here he'd take some sort of supplemented pay off from UTD and take a wage within our wage structure for a deal lasting longer than a year.

It'd be interesting to see where he would've gone had his contract at UTD been up this Summer, I'm betting not here.

John Terry, for all his faults has just turned down more money at other clubs and chosen the a certain club for a non financial reason, Rooney has way more reason to want to commit to Everton.
Rooney wants to come here.
We won't pay his wages, or a big fee.
So he plays hardball to get Utd to sub his wages, maximising his income and comes to Everton.
Everyone's a winner (except Utd).
No problem with that.

Don't understand what utd get out of this deal? They are paying him 125k a week to play for us. We could well be in a battle with them for CL football. Unless we knock a few £ of the Lukaku fee

I do find it a bit odd too. Saving a bit on his wages but paying £125k for him to play for us.

That's weird isn't it?

Rooney wants to come here.
We won't pay his wages, or a big fee.
So he plays hardball to get Utd to sub his wages, maximising his income and comes to Everton.
Everyone's a winner (except Utd).
No problem with that.
UTD would give him a free, if he's going to leave for free in 12 months, in the mean time, as you say, he's going to be taking £6m off them in that period.

Henrik Larson signed for Barca at 33 and Utd at 36 and made his debut at 17. Discuss.

Henrick Larsson was not playing week in week out in one of the top leagues along with international tournaments every other season for the whole of his career. He was playing in Sweden, The Netherlands and Scotland.

Also when he was signed as an older player for Barcelona he was showing that he could still go at his age (albeit in a lesser league) which is something Rooney has not shown for two seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.