Homepage Update: WATCH: David Unsworth's Pre-West Ham United press conference...

Status
Not open for further replies.

If only dignity would win us points.
Feel sorry for him, but as has been said before, his tinkering and tactical naivity have not done him any favours.
If it's his last game, hope the players do him proud.

Interesting he makes mention of players who don't have the stomach for a relegation fight. The vast majority of the squad has been involved in one at some stage of their career.
Let me guess, he means Baines, Jagielka, Williams, Mirallas and Schneiderlin. I'm guessing it's any of those and possibly Rooney as well.

It depresses me because Jags and Baines are among my faves and the thought of them being among the snake contingent is not a pleasant one. I don't understand why they of all people would be. Mirallas has a reputation for being a douchebag, but these two?

am struggling to see what he could of done better .. hes tried every team you could near enough

Really feel sorry for him. Team fundamentally broken before he took over. Tried to please everyone by rotating players rather than making them play for their positions. Such a shame he was waiting on injured players like Barkley and McCarthy to change his fortunes. Would love to see a team moulded in his image. Sad, so sad.

Been saying that since Martinez 2nd season. He took all the blame when it was clearly the players who weren't performing. Irony being, if he wasn't a nice guy and didn't have the perennial positive outlook on everything and had instead come out and laid into the players, he might have had some support. Instead, he tried to keep it civil and the fans sided with Baines and his snide comments instead.

As I've said in earlier posts, I think it would be a miracle for any manager to come in here and get any lasting improvement with this bunch of players. The Dressing room is rotten to the core. Any new manager needs to come in, bin most of the senior players off, buy some dependable, lead by example types for key positions, and try to utilise the talented young players who while lacking in form and confidence, still give everything.

Don't think Martinez is a terrible manager. Its just if you want to play his system you better have overwhelming talent (because you can play any system with talent) or be a bottom feeder who will score enough goals to stay up while you live the with the stretches where you get blown out for 3-4 weeks straight. There is really nothing different tactically between Martinez and Eddie Howe who most people consider to be a very good manager.

Martinez was a bit different in his undoing. Clubs figured us out and he didn't adjust the style of play, the players didn't understand why he didn't change and evertually quit on him. Unsworth has tried everything other than a few young players and Niasse quit on him on day 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.