"Watch Classic Matches Again"

Was at the Judas game, great day, vague recollection Hibbert made his debut that day, clattered Pearce in the first couple of minutes, maybe I'm wrong may have been the next year!!
I was at the Goodlass one,wasnt many at it and scary as a kid,was the year after the 1-0 win? I remember getting that result near the end of the season when we just stayed up

Do you know I was at that game as a school kid, and never realise now why we played in our away kit v Colchester ?
They played in Red - no reason for us to change our kit, yet in the early 1960's we played all our cup games in a White Kit.....for a period!
that's one for you to get your teeth into mate see what you can find out. ;)

Do you know I was at that game as a school kid, and never realise now why we played in our away kit v Colchester ?
They played in Red - no reason for us to change our kit, yet in the early 1960's we played all our cup games in a White Kit.....for a period!

that's one for you to get your teeth into mate see what you can find out. ;)
Just looked @Eggs stated on the old picture thread that we were drawn away , but They chose to play at Goodison hence they had the right to play in their home kit?
Although strange that sort of thing was allowed with lower teams in those days - I distinctly remember Liverpool were also at home in the FA Cup same time kick off - Did the Police allow this factor as both gates were a high turn out - I know both were at home as I went on a shared red, and blue fan mini bus?
It may be the feasible answer that Colchester went for the big attendance? Hence we played in our away kit......

Just looked @Eggs stated on the old picture thread that we were drawn away , but They chose to play at Goodison hence they had the right to play in their home kit?
Although strange that sort of thing was allowed with lower teams in those days - I distinctly remember Liverpool were also at home in the FA Cup same time kick off - Did the Police allow this factor as both gates were a high turn out - I know both were at home as I went on a shared red, and blue fan mini bus?
It may be the feasible answer that Colchester went for the big attendance? Hence we played in our away kit......
Used to be quite a regular occurence Joey that the smaller clubs would swap for the higher revenue,I think the colour change was to do with tv coverage as most televisions were b+w so made it easier for the viewer to identify the teams,

More than I should.
Interesting possibility. I have often wondered. They did not do it in the previous round though when they knocked out Leeds. GP bigger than Elland Road though.