"Watch Classic Matches Again"

Cheers, never seen that before. The pitch looked terrible, and the goals looked huge.
My older brother and is mate went without tickets for that tried every tout they could - nothing 2 -55pm his bearded mate came over smiling great we've got tickets cheaper too...
as they looked at them Boys pen tickets any way they tried to slump low as the entered the entrance the guy just burst out laughing on the turnstyle get in he shouted you can walk along anywhere inside;)
some Evetonions were climbing trees that day to get a glimpse of the game....lol
great clip that never seen the goals before;)

Grainy footage,Carlisle v Everton FA Cup 1968:)

My older brother and is mate went without tickets for that tried every tout they could - nothing 2 -55pm his bearded mate came over smiling great we've got tickets cheaper too...
as they looked at them Boys pen tickets any way they tried to slump low as the entered the entrance the guy just burst out laughing on the turnstyle get in he shouted you can walk along anywhere inside;)
some Evetonions were climbing trees that day to get a glimpse of the game....lol
great clip that never seen the goals before;)
great clip;)

I was just watching Palace v Everton 1981 where we won 3-2. McMahon scored a peach and missed a pen.

What was the story behind him leaving? I heard rumours he only went to Villa so he could go to Liverpool but can anyone shed any light on why/how he left

@Major Gowen potentially one for one of your Cup Final runs threads:)

The transformation in that side once Royle got to grips with them was unreal. Watch the togger on the 2nd goal and its a perfect blend.

I walked away from that game with a feeling we could go all the way and when walking up the street end steps before kick off when we played Newcastle i just knew we were gonna win. The atmosphere was spot on, a real togetherness between fans and players.

I was just watching Palace v Everton 1981 where we won 3-2. McMahon scored a peach and missed a pen.

What was the story behind him leaving? I heard rumours he only went to Villa so he could go to Liverpool but can anyone shed any light on why/how he left
Went to this, if memory serves me right, I think we missed two pens and still won!!

Went to this, if memory serves me right, I think we missed two pens and still won!!

Don't no - similar to David Johnson both more than promising youngsters but Steve Mcmahon wow he looked so special we were struggling a bit, and as a young lad he looked a star then - so selling him was a mystery -the Everton way....

Probably the first professed "lifelong blue I can recall Macca who was a wrongun,looked set to be a star in our midfield but within 18 months or so started thinking he was bigger than the a club,came through the system was even a ball boy,the club refused his contract demands and shipped him to villa,we bought Trevor Steven with the dough,now that didn't turn out too bad eh?!!

Probably the first professed "lifelong blue I can recall Macca who was a wrongun,looked set to be a star in our midfield but within 18 months or so started thinking he was bigger than the a club,came through the system was even a ball boy,the club refused his contract demands and shipped him to villa,we bought Trevor Steven with the dough,now that didn't turn out too bad eh?!!

Cheers Dario ;)

Apparently Dave Johnson was on £900 a week and playing like a cross between a shire horse and a show pony.Mc mahon wanted the same but didnt get it so he leftfor Villa