"Watch Classic Matches Again"

Can't post the video here and I wouldn't exactly call it a classic, but I watched highlights of the opening match of the 1967/1968 season. Everton 3 - Man Utd 1. Just the sheer quantity of legends playing in that match. Wilson, Kendall, Ball, Young, Harvey, Royle, Best, Charlton, Law. Not one to live in the past, but just had to admire the sheer quality of Everton and Man United in their pomp. The fact that it was the season opener meant that there was a fresh pitch for the two teams and allowed them to play some outstanding football. The moves for our goals were a pleasure to watch.

Can't post the video here and I wouldn't exactly call it a classic, but I watched highlights of the opening match of the 1967/1968 season. Everton 3 - Man Utd 1. Just the sheer quantity of legends playing in that match. Wilson, Kendall, Ball, Young, Harvey, Royle, Best, Charlton, Law. Not one to live in the past, but just had to admire the sheer quality of Everton and Man United in their pomp. The fact that it was the season opener meant that there was a fresh pitch for the two teams and allowed them to play some outstanding football. The moves for our goals were a pleasure to watch.
Not a classic!? It was mate. Young's goal was a classic in itself. I remember travelling back from Butlins in Pwhelli as a 13 year old to get to that one. Missed the first 20 minutes.

Not a classic!? It was mate. Young's goal was a classic in itself. I remember travelling back from Butlins in Pwhelli as a 13 year old to get to that one. Missed the first 20 minutes.

They said the attendance was in excess of 61,000 that day. Mad being stood there amongst a crowd that size when the ground's capacity is now 2/3 of that.

It's somewhere in this thread ! ; but worth posting again.