"Watch Classic Matches Again"

Remember that game very well…got soaked on the way down. The feeling on hearing Sports Report in the car saying Spurs had got beat at home against Villa was “we’re gonna win the league”!

Regarding getting soaked at Everton away games then Notts County in the 1984 FA Cup and Portsmouth in circa 2002(Away win with Rooney scoring) take some beating…I’m sure there’s loads I’ve forgotten.
Chelsea away in 1987 (when Alan Harper got the winner),absolutely lashed down all afternoon. Having to sit for hours on the coach back soaked through wasn't much fun,a small price to pay though to watch that fantastic team!

The tackling of Reid and Bracewell

It was unbelievable to witness week in, week out. They were brilliant, and were on a completely different planet/playing level to everyone else on the field they came up against.. Our defense (which was spectacular anyway) was made to look even better by the fact there was literally a brick wall in front of them.
The best team, the best 4-4-2 system I've witnessed in 53 years watching football. EVERYONE excelled in their own positions, and everyone could pick up the pieces in all other positions. They obliterated everyone in 84-85. And they did the same in 85-86, however a little bit of bad luck at the end of the season caused catastrophe!

It was unbelievable to witness week in, week out. They were brilliant, and were on a completely different planet/playing level to everyone else on the field they came up against.. Our defense (which was spectacular anyway) was made to look even better by the fact there was literally a brick wall in front of them.
The best team, the best 4-4-2 system I've witnessed in 53 years watching football. EVERYONE excelled in their own positions, and everyone could pick up the pieces in all other positions. They obliterated everyone in 84-85. And they did the same in 85-86, however a little bit of bad luck at the end of the season caused catastrophe!
The real “Good times”?