Was Bill Shankly Right About Everton All Along?

Was Bill Shankly Right About Everton Carrying Passengers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Shankly was a boring, cringy old bellend who loved the sound of his own voice and would came out with stupid embarrassing BS like:

"some people think football is matter of life and death. I assure you, its far more important then that.".

He was a joke and was the first in a long line of bellends to manage that club who chat total and utter wham.

Lol. If ever there was a post to sum up latter day Everton, its this. The RS could have Howard Kendal reincarnated as manager and he’d still be hated by us. Embarrassing. I could be wrong, but you’re probably not even old enough to pass comment on him, yet alone make them remarks. The remark you mention was perhaps one of his most famous, it was only years later that it looked silly. Back then, even with his remarks about the RS and their reserves and 2 teams in Liverpool, it was a joke, people could take jokes or banter then. Football was more fun. Some younger generation Blues don’t understand what it was once. Instead we have vitriol like yours above. Shankly was well liked Blues And was embraced when he decided to come to Goodison regularly to take in games.

Lol. If ever there was a post to sum up latter day Everton, its this. The RS could have Howard Kendal reincarnated as manager and he’d still be hated by us. Embarrassing. I could be wrong, but you’re probably not even old enough to pass comment on him, yet alone make them remarks. The remark you mention was perhaps one of his most famous, it was only years later that it looked silly. Back then, even with his remarks about the RS and their reserves and 2 teams in Liverpool, it was a joke, people could take jokes or banter then. Football was more fun. Some younger generation Blues don’t understand what it was once. Instead we have vitriol like yours above. Shankly was well liked Blues And was embraced when he decided to come to Goodison regularly to take in games.
He tried to take the piss out of us for years.

Your posting history speaks for itself, go back to RAWK lad......

You have a very generous take on the man and his times. Sadly, like very, very many other Blues, I disliked him intensely when he was alive and I see no reason to change my view of him now.

Think we need a much bigger boat than the Queen Mary to carry the passengers we’ve had in our squad over the last few seasons.

It's almost like he changed his tune about Everton once he was all but banished from Anfield.

He was a bell

Status
Not open for further replies.