Vitor Pereira

Yes or no

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't we always take the pish. Can't recall a quick turnover of managers.
Not off the top of my head, although I think we got Ancelotti in quickly once he became available. In this instance it’s clear Moshiri was betting his shirt on Benitez lasting the season. And now we’re paying the price.

No buddy I am looking for a website for celebrating Vitor Pereira in the form of some sort of puzzle. It looks like I have arrived at the right place.
Welcome VWH.

Post loads

You can introduce yourself here.

Don't mind any snide comments. People are a bit wary of Vitor. The mods will look after you if you have trouble.

You just never know really. Football can be quite odd, history is littered with managers that failed at clubs and were then successful at others and vice versa. Sometimes theres just a “fit” and you get lucky. If you’re going by stats and win percentages, Benitez had a glittering CV but turned out to be one of the worst managers in our entire history.

Klopp at Dortmund had an unremarkable win percentage of 56.2%, Four managers since have comfortably bettered that (Tuchel 62.62%, Favre 61.82%, Rose 63.33%, Terzic 62.50%).

Pochettino had a horrendous CV before rocking up at Southampton, having a win percentage of 32.92% at espanyol and was sacked after taking them to the brink of relegation. Even the “great job” he then done at Southampton wasn’t all that great either if you look at the stats, a win percentage of 38.33%, Koeman then posted 48.35% etc etc. even Wenger before he went to Arsenal had win percentages of 28.9 at Nancy, 48.9% at Monaco which isn’t great for them, and a 56% in Japan.

Pereira’s record isn’t a bad one. His win percentages at his clubs are generally better than those he succeeded and those that preceded him. Look at Porto, his win stats are 69.89%.. those that immediately followed him,

Fonseca 56.76%
Castro 56.25%
Lopetegui 67.95%
Barros 50%
Pesiero 59.09%
Nuno Espirito Santo 55.10%
and the current manager has a slightly better percentage of 71.49% (Conceicao).

The same is also the case with his subsequent jobs by and large as well.

Look I’m not saying he’s the perfect candidate by any means and it’s definitely a gamble, but so are the others that have been mentioned. What I don’t get is this narrative that Periera is totally useless, he isn’t.
Win percentages don’t mean anything though it’s a totally meaningless stat that’s only been a thing since Wikipedia put it in their profiles and it gave people an easy stat to use it doesn’t show anything useful.

The only one scarier to me than Lampard would be Rooney. People keep thinking these two are great managers because they were great players, but thats not how this works. Some great players become great managers, most dont. I dont like bringing up the rs ever, but look at Klopp. He never played football for a great team, was never a great player - but he is clearly a very good manager. Then again, look at good old Koeman. Great player, not a great manager.
Id take Vitor over Wayne or Frank any day of the week, and i dont actually want Vitor.

Truthfully I don't think there's much to choose between them. The one thing Rooney has in his favour is the fact he's performing admirably in a relegation scrap at the moment, which is something vaguely relevant to the position we find ourselves in. That in itself can't be enough to get him the job though, given he's had less than 18 months in the role. If he wasn't Wayne Rooney, pretty much nobody would advocating him.

Lampard I've said a lot about. I think he's another one who is living off his name as a player. I think people are seduced because he scraped a top 4 finish with Chelsea once, despite the fact they absolutely should have been in that top 4 despite the transfer ban. That transfer ban somehow dampened expectations, but take that out and the other 18 months as a manager is difficult to justify his name being floated.

Pereira - his CV is all over the place. There's possibly more tangible reasons to believe he has something about him, but equally there's more worrying stuff in there than anyone else.

I think all three are dreadful candidates given the situation we find ourselves in

fenerbah%C3%A7e-vitor-pereira.gif
I'm back in.

Not off the top of my head, although I think we got Ancelotti in quickly once he became available. In this instance it’s clear Moshiri was betting his shirt on Benitez lasting the season. And now we’re paying the price.
You think we would have learnt to always have a shortlist after the way ancelotti left.

TBH if “Dunc” does ever actually want to manage the club as he says he does he needs to walk anyway! He’s got to go and prove himself somewhere as a manager to come back here with any credibility as a manager!
I doubt he ever will. If that was his plan, i assume he wouldve done it already. The way he took himself out of the manager race during his presser was almost a little pathetic to me. If I was in his position and wanted the job, I would never have said what he said. I wouldve blabbed on about how i wanted the job, and planned to use my caretaker role to prove i was capable, not shy away the second someone asks if I wanted it permanently.

Reminds of when we were definitely appointing Nuno this, odds on favourite, journos saying he was set to be announced, all sorts...and then we didn't. Might be the same with this guy i.e personal PR pushing things in the media.

Even if Pereira pulls the rabbit out of the hat it's only a matter of time now I feel.

Moshiri doesn't know what he's doing and he's not learning from his countless mistakes.

Vitor could keep us up this season but the trajectory of the club will continue downwards whilst Moshiri is making the footballing decisions

He needs to hire people who actually know what they are doing and butt out of footballing matters because he's a stupid idiotic moron who doesn't know what the heck he's doing

Sure, maybe he knows business, but he does not know football and it's downright embarrassing watching the clueless goggle eyed freak stumble from one disaster to another

If Pereira gets the job then I'll back the team and hope for the best, but goodness me is it an underwhelming appointment, especially in a world where Kovac was out of work and we could have thrown everything at him in order to get him
More and more I believe the only reason he’s here is because he knows the “laundry” business very well!

Status
Not open for further replies.