Vitor Pereira

Yes or no

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lampard and Rooney both have the experience of at least playing in the league and understanding what it takes to win a premier league game as a player, this guy hasn’t. Lampard also has managed for a brief spell in the premier league so his credentials are a lot better.
Ah this old clichéd myth.

Paul Lambert would be ahead of Diego Simeone by this logic.

I don't find his CV impressive if I'm honest, so I understand the apprehension about him, but then I see the same people crying that this will be the worst appointment ever made advocating Lampard and it absolutely burns my head out

Don't particularly want the guy, but I'll say again that there's nothing about him which makes me anymore nervous than the prospect of Lampard or Rooney

No one isn't a risk given our position. But the only person who makes me feel comfortable is Lampard.

He has managed and played at the very highest level. He did an excellent job at Chelsea in getting top 4 during a transfer ban, using young players, after Hazard was sold. His struggles came in meaningless behind doors football so is pretty much irrelevant in my view. Especially since he had a lot of new expensive players thrust upon him and they took ages to settle and disrupted his team ethos. He will back younger players and look to develop them. That is our only hope in our predicament because there are no short cuts. He is exactly the fit we need right now. A long term approach with developing young players under a consistent identity and style of play.

The idea we would appoint someone with the non-existent credentials of Pereira over Lampard, makes me pretty angry to be honest. It shows a complete lack of footballing nous and reeks of short termism, and potential favouritism given the links with Kia. He hasn't managed in a top 10 league in over a decade. Lampard has played at the top level and managed the european champions during that spell. It's just far too logical for Moshiri to go for.

Statement after his spell in germany:

"Nun hat sich der Coach selbst zu der Zeit in München geäußert, und sein Fazit fiel vernichtend aus. „Mit 1860 bin ich ein Risiko eingegangen und bin schwer gestrauchelt“, sagte er am Rande einer Konferenz in Portugal, „der Kader hatte nichts von dem, was ich mag."

tanslation:

"Now the coach himself has spoken at the time in Munich, and his conclusion is devastating. "In 1860 I took a risk and stumbled badly," he said on the sidelines of a conference in Portugal. "The squad didn't have anything I like."

No one isn't a risk given our position. But the only person who makes me feel comfortable is Lampard.

He has managed and played at the very highest level. He did an excellent job at Chelsea in getting top 4 during a transfer ban, using young players, after Hazard was sold. His struggles came in meaningless behind doors football so is pretty much irrelevant in my view. Especially since he had a lot of new expensive players thrust upon him and they took ages to settle and disrupted his team ethos. He will back younger players and look to develop them. That is our only hope in our predicament because there are no short cuts. He is exactly the fit we need right now. A long term approach with developing young players under a consistent identity and style of play.

The idea we would appoint someone with the non-existent credentials of Pereira over Lampard, makes me pretty angry to be honest. It shows a complete lack of footballing nous and reeks of short termism, and potential favouritism given the links with Kia. He hasn't managed in a top 10 league in over a decade. Lampard has played at the top level and managed the european champions during that spell. It's just far too logical for Moshiri to go for.
Excellent job ?

He's the only manager I can think of in recent memory not to win a single trophy

If I had to chose a manager between a water bottle and Pereira, I'd chose the water bottle. At least a bottle can't argue with players. Some players he had ego problems; van Persie, Nani, Özil, Hulk ...

If you want Richarlison to play as left back and Calvert-Lewin as a right winger, Pereira would be a great choice for the club.

One hidden pearl from his press conference after the game against a Turkish club: 'We were very dominant at the first half but they got us at second' (We had 0 shots on target at the 'dominant' first half)

He likes to joke after the humiliating games to chill his fans.

Statement after his spell in germany:

"Nun hat sich der Coach selbst zu der Zeit in München geäußert, und sein Fazit fiel vernichtend aus. „Mit 1860 bin ich ein Risiko eingegangen und bin schwer gestrauchelt“, sagte er am Rande einer Konferenz in Portugal, „der Kader hatte nichts von dem, was ich mag."

tanslation:

"Now the coach himself has spoken at the time in Munich, and his conclusion is devastating. "In 1860 I took a risk and stumbled badly," he said on the sidelines of a conference in Portugal. "The squad didn't have anything I like."
Sounds like he does not like average players...

He's in for a shock...

If we sign him I doubt he makes it through the season we're going to sack managers on a Watford frequency now but unlike them where they're impatient we're just massively inept in our appointments

Lampard and Rooney both have the experience of at least playing in the league and understanding what it takes to win a premier league game as a player, this guy hasn’t. Lampard also has managed for a brief spell in the premier league so his credentials are a lot better.

Sorry mate, I mean no disrespect but I think that's largely nonsesnse

Having played in the Premier League has absolutely no correlation to being a successful manager in the Premier League at all. I'm not entirely sure why people get hung up on the whole "Premier League experience" thing anyway.

Lampard's CV says to me so far that he's been parachuted into two good jobs because of his name, he's delivered at absolute best the bare minimum in them but arguably below that. He has no relevant experience to being at a club like us or the sort of situation we are in right now, Derby spent a fortune on his squad and he couldn't get them up, Chelsea spent a fortune in his 2nd season and he bombed, before a proper manager came along and showed exactly what could be done with that squad. If his name was Dave Swinton with exactly the same managerial CV, he'd be labelled a failure.

It's amazing how opinions can differ mate, because I disagree with practically every word you've written there. Lampard makes me feel more nervous than any other name we've been vaguely seriously linked with.

Incumbent my arse.

He's a gofer in for a game or two.
I don't think you understand what the word incumbent means.

I am not advocating for the merits of Ferguson as manager, far from it, I am just pointing out your hypocrisy when saying you back every manager when you actually do not. Surely him being a caretaker shouldn't matter?

I do see how it works. I think everybody does.

If we sign him I doubt he makes it through the season we're going to sack managers on a Watford frequency now but unlike them where they're impatient we're just massively inept in our appointments
Watford sack Ranieri on Monday and have a new manager 24 hours later.

Everton on the other hand sack Benitez and we still looking for a new manager over a week later.

Status
Not open for further replies.