Confirmed Signing Vitaliy Mykolenko

Status
Not open for further replies.
You only have to look at Moyes signings for WHU - Bowen, Soucek, Coufal all hard working players with a bit of quality about them.

Gray has shown that and Townsend whilst not starting 11 quality he has the right mentality/can chip in when needed.

Hopefully this lad comes in and isnt afraid to work hard and take his chance. Same if we bring in a RB/CM hopefully younger hungrier players with a point to prove.
Just having one player that can drag the rest of them around whilst maintaining his own high standards would literally transform us. I can't believe all our players are that rubbish, there are just too many of them with no guts and nobody to lead them. Even Iwobi might turn mustard if we had someone on the pitch to encou.....nah don't be silly ?

Best everyone dives on his goals and assist record first as if that's what Benitez has bought him for.
Spot on, defenders defend first and foremost for me. TAA gets all the plaudits across the park because he plays in a team that can afford his useless defending.

People talk as if Benitez has taken us from being a stellar top 6 side and ruining us - we've not finished in europe in 5 seasons!

We are crap mate - DCL/Richarlison/Doucoure/Gray aside we could sell them all and I wouldn't miss a wink of sleep.

Lets see what this kid things to the table / other additions in January before writing them off.
We improve by keeping our best players and selling our crap. Not the other way around

No doubt. It’s a rough situation he’s walking into. But you can see right away why brands agreed to leave. What a joke. We are depleted in talent all over the pitch and one of our most talented footballers makes way bc Rafael is mad.
We have zero long term vision
I might be playing Devil's advocate here, but...

Take the context of the Benitez stuff out of it and this is exactly the sort of thing we SHOULD be doing.

Digne is a full international, one of our highest paid players and is approaching his 29th birthday. We actually should be looking to sell players at this sort of age and replace them with younger, cheaper players. Otherwise, you keep Digne a year or two longer and his value diminishes and we have a player nobody wants to take from us because he's past his best.

Right now is actually probably about the optimum time in his career to sell, if you're Everton.

That doesn't account for the Benitez stuff in the background, but logically I have no problem at all with this, it's just an approach we should also be looking to replicate in lots of other areas of the team

Status
Not open for further replies.