Confirmed Signing Vitaliy Mykolenko

Status
Not open for further replies.
All depends on the system - hasn't stopped Utd getting CL football regularly with AWB who doesn't get forward.

People need to reign in expectations - we dont have Full backs who'll win us a Champions League - who cares - lets qualify for it first! lol

Luke Shaw does and they're looking to upgrade AWB.

At the moment we've mentioned 1 fullback who we can agree can defend.

Next up it'll be...name a team in the league that has defensive fullbacks as a system?

Its not the modern game for Megabucks Champions League teams who can put three decent actual defending fullbacks on the bench just in case they come under pressure. For the rest of us better to take care of the basics first

It is though because no team in the league has ultra defensive fullbacks.

We also still have a back line of players that can't do the basics

Honestly, said it in another thread…

Dignes at that age now where his value will only decrease, if we can get a Roma or something to spend £20m in him, then he can go with my blessing.

We’ve made a habit of literally buying players with no resale, so if we’re literally swapping an older Digne for a younger, player with International experience, sign me up.

People talk as if Benitez has taken us from being a stellar top 6 side and ruining us - we've not finished in europe in 5 seasons!

We are crap mate - DCL/Richarlison/Doucoure/Gray aside we could sell them all and I wouldn't miss a wink of sleep.

Lets see what this kid things to the table / other additions in January before writing them off.
We rarely finish bottom half

Yet now we are supposed to accept 15th?

Honestly, said it in another thread…

Dignes at that age now where his value will only decrease, if we can get a Roma or something to spend £20m in him, then he can go with my blessing.

We’ve made a habit of literally buying players with no resale, so if we’re literally swapping an older Digne for a younger, player with International experience, sign me up.

The point is that its not an issue. Never had been until a month ago.

We spend £20million and still have the same issues all over the park.

We've not upgraded we've mearly swapped a player and spent money on it.

What great injustice did a left back do to you? First Baines and now Digne.
Yes, it's coincidental that they both turned on managers. Maybe Baines has had a word with him - not just LB work but how to leverage fans against a manager in order to oust them.

Digne hasn't been one of our best players in a while and he may have been good in Silva's attacking system but Ancelotti/Benitez dont play that way.

We need more defenders who can actually defend.
He’s quality. We ran Rondon up top for significant minutes. Gomes Iwobi Gbamin have all seen time this year. If replacing digne bc Rafael got his feelings hurt is the answer we are in trouble.
This is why you have a DOF that is given actual responsibilities that can care for the long term vision of the club. So a manager doesn’t replace talent bc he isn’t his buddy.

Selling our highest value players and replacing them with younger players is how we should have been operating for years - the whole “we don’t sell our best players” thing has held us back, and landed us where we are with FFP

That being said it doesn’t appear there is a buyer for Digne. Maybe we’ve struck an agreement with City, they did the same in the summer when they let Villa spend all their Grealish money, so as not to inflate prices of incomings, before confirming the deal

Status
Not open for further replies.