Confirmed Signing Vitaliy Mykolenko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not me. I'll give him at least 20 minutes playing time before my first boo.
boo-boo-this-man.gif

Reactions: kev

Exactly.

People seem to think that Simms and Dobbin would have slotted in seamlessly and maybe bagged a few goals and played at a similar level to DCL or Richarlison.

I’ll forecast a far more likely scenario. Dobbin and Simms, both battling fitness issues, would have started games, they might have had a good half of football, maybe even a good game, maybe even two, and then their form would have dipped (as it does for nearly every young player). Even more likely is that being thrown into a team in an injury crisis playing poorly would result in them barely getting a sniff of the ball and having a horrendous start to their careers. No doubt the fans would then be saying ‘why did Benitez buy Rondon to not play him ffs, an experienced PL forward should be getting played rather than letting these kids take the blame for his failings’

Now consider that this fan base had issues with Lukaku Stones and Barkley, called DCL a championship chump for a few seasons, and is currently still moaning about Gordon despite him coming on leaps and bounds.

Now Dobbin and Simms are probably nowhere near the level of these players (or at least not yet) and yet people are claiming that throwing them in not fully fit into one of the most poisonous atmospheres at Everton in a long time is a good idea to start their senior careers? Imagine those lads going onto social media after those games.

Now balance all this against a seasoned old pro like Rondon who needs fitness and has enough experience to take the inevitable fan backlash that has come his way. He even managed to improve drastically during this period.

Fortunately Benitez seems to have a brain and experience that stops him from doing stupid stuff that the fan base would like him to.
Again with the mythical Rondon ‘improvement ‘ statement that undermines your entire position.
If Rondon has improved its so infinitesimal that it’s invisible to the naked eye.
Plus any player who hasn’t attained at least a modicum of fitness after 6months training and copious amounts of game time has serious problems.
I didn’t expect Simms or Dobbin to come on and do anything but begin to get accustomed to PL football. Everybody has to start somewhere and when the person getting in ahead of them is/ was utterly useless, he may as well blood the kids.

So this is a goer then?
Was all done just before Christmas, the Kiev coach confirmed it, just waiting on the announcement on our end which will come either tomorrow or Saturday. Depending on international clearance, he should make his debut at Hull next weekend

I listened to a Ukrainian football podcast on this fella last week and I have to say, it didn’t inspire me with a lot of confidence.

They seemed to be suggesting he has good qualities but they had reservations about his ability to settle in the PL which is always going to be the biggest part of the gamble when buying from abroad.

Based on that, I am concerned we are swapping Digne, a seasoned PL player with good stats behind him for an unproven player who those who have seen him most don’t seem particularly convinced he can excel in the PL. All of this and the fees quotes make it pretty much costing us what we get in for Digne with just the saving on wages as a plus

I listened to a Ukrainian football podcast on this fella last week and I have to say, it didn’t inspire me with a lot of confidence.

They seemed to be suggesting he has good qualities but they had reservations about his ability to settle in the PL which is always going to be the biggest part of the gamble when buying from abroad.

Based on that, I am concerned we are swapping Digne, a seasoned PL player with good stats behind him for an unproven player who those who have seen him most don’t seem particularly convinced he can excel in the PL. All of this and the fees quotes make it pretty much costing us what we get in for Digne with just the saving on wages as a plus
Do you not have faith in the Everton recruiting strategy then...What could possibly go wrong, swapping out a seasoned pro with excellent proven premier experience with an unknown quantity from a weak Ukrainian league?

Next up from the brain boxes at EFC will be getting rid of that cart horse DCL...

Yeah couple of his former coaches have said it’s too early for him as well. Weirdly both their interviews said he was good going forward but they had concerns about him defensively in the premier league. Bizarre, if true, considering that’s the emphasis Benitez puts on his fullbacks.

There’s not another top manager alive that would have come into this squad and decided the player he needed to force out was Digne. Benitez is an arrogant tool putting his ego ahead of the interests of the team.

Yeah couple of his former coaches have said it’s too early for him as well. Weirdly both their interviews said he was good going forward but they had concerns about him defensively in the premier league. Bizarre, if true, considering that’s the emphasis Benitez puts on his fullbacks.

There’s not another top manager alive that would have come into this squad and decided the player he needed to force out was Digne. Benitez is an arrogant tool putting his ego ahead of the interests of the team.
yes, plus you have the added ingredient of Usmanov and his dodgy deals which I am sure are part of the background to this as well.

Unfortunately to move forward we need to sell, obviously we’d all love to move on Holgate, Davies,
Iwobi and Gomes for 50mil and go from there. And I’m sure the club are trying to find buyers for them. And we may get lucky for one or two that I’ve mentioned.

But the players we can actually sell now for money, is Digne, Pickford, DCL and Richarlison. Digne will be worth noting in 2 seasons, so you’d rather keep him and Just go and get some frees and loans

Status
Not open for further replies.