Confirmed Signing Vitaliy Mykolenko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop talking agenda fuelled bollox 24/7 son lol
spock-shock.gif

To be fair that is cheap in today's market. 17 million is a third of what a top full back goes for these days , so I don't see an issue with that as such. Same as the wages , they aren't that high.

We could sign a proven full back in this league but they would cost more and generally be terrible for us, have we actually signed a proven player these past 4 years and it be a good signing? I genuinely can't think of one , our best players were either young or from overseas.

Is it? Digne is one of the best LBs in Europe and talk is teams only want to loan him.

Regardless of the price the wages are too much for a team in our position that will be looking to sell him on within the next 3-4 years.

I'm all for buying well scouted young players but I expect to get the benefit of those same unproven young player being cheap in price tag and wages. Otherwise whats the point in taking a chance on the unproven when they cost the same amount as the proven players.

So by your logic:

if our players dont say anything positive about him it means they hate him...

Yet if our players do say something positive about him its only to save their own bacon and they dont mean it.

If Benitez doesn't play the yoof he's an awful dinosaur...

Yet If Benitez does play the yoof he's only doing it out of desperation

This is why you and your band of merry men can not be taken seriously and whatever valid points you raise are largely dismissed because in every scenario you paint Benitez as the devil in which he can do no right lol

@Saint Domingo

Apparently Benitez should have been playing Simms when he was injured according to this lot. Then he should have been playing Dobbin (even when he was), and he should be playing Gordon (even though he is).

Just clutching at straws all over the place to fit an agenda

Apparently Benitez should have been playing Simms when he was injured according to this lot. Then he should have been playing Dobbin (even when he was), and he should be playing Gordon (even though he is).

Just clutching at straws all over the place to fit an agenda
Simms hasn’t been injured for weeks, he and Dobbin should absolutely have got more game time while we had Rondonkey lumbering about, hell a nowhere near fitness Tosun was a better option

Simms hasn’t been injured for weeks, he and Dobbin should absolutely have got more game time while we had Rondonkey lumbering about, hell a nowhere near fitness Tosun was a better option

Fans have this all the time. ‘Play the kids’ but look at the reaction to Gordon playing. Gordon is miles ahead of Dobbin, he’s had a season in the Pal and a season on loan. Benitez has worked with him and finally trusts him to work both ways and follow a tactical plan. Even then though a lot of fans were moaning that his end product isn’t good enough.

Yet people want him to just throw on Dobbin or Simms to start games. It’s an absolute certain way to just destroy young players careers. For me that’s back to the Ancelotti situation we had last season when Gomes would play and be terrible so the fans would be like ‘why is Davies not playing’, then Davies would play and he’d be just as bad, and a few weeks later it would be ‘why is Gomes not getting a go’. It just shows the paucity of options available and the unsuitability of any of them.

9/10 managers choose Rondon to start a game over some untried kids who have barely played PL football. The fact that Rondon has been in multiple positions to score goals, and has actually scored one, seems to have gone, even when not fully fit, seems to have been ignored. Look at his performance in the derby when he was a very useful player for us.

If the Benitez should be fired argument has resorted to ‘he okayed Rondon over Simms and Dobbin’ then it really is on its last legs.

Fans have this all the time. ‘Play the kids’ but look at the reaction to Gordon playing. Gordon is miles ahead of Dobbin, he’s had a season in the Pal and a season on loan. Benitez has worked with him and finally trusts him to work both ways and follow a tactical plan. Even then though a lot of fans were moaning that his end product isn’t good enough.

Yet people want him to just throw on Dobbin or Simms to start games. It’s an absolute certain way to just destroy young players careers. For me that’s back to the Ancelotti situation we had last season when Gomes would play and be terrible so the fans would be like ‘why is Davies not playing’, then Davies would play and he’d be just as bad, and a few weeks later it would be ‘why is Gomes not getting a go’. It just shows the paucity of options available and the unsuitability of any of them.

9/10 managers choose Rondon to start a game over some untried kids who have barely played PL football. The fact that Rondon has been in multiple positions to score goals, and has actually scored one, seems to have gone, even when not fully fit, seems to have been ignored. Look at his performance in the derby when he was a very useful player for us.

If the Benitez should be fired argument has resorted to ‘he okayed Rondon over Simms and Dobbin’ then it really is on its last legs.
That’s just laughable, a good striker takes the chances Rondon failed on. A striker of his experience, especially in this league, should be on more than just one goal from 12 appearances and that’s a fact

That’s just laughable, a good striker takes the chances Rondon failed on. A striker of his experience, especially in this league, should be on more than just one goal from 12 appearances and that’s a fact

This isn’t the thread for it so I’m not saying more than this, but if Rondon is really the gripe point then that’s laughable. Benitez has shown that given a full compliment of players Rondon is 4th choice behind DCL Rocharlsion, and even Gray playing through the middle. So in most circumstances he wouldn’t even be playing.

This has boiled down to people wanting the manager out because in an injury crisis he started his 4th choice striker over some untied kids. No surprise to me that this sort of ‘outrage’ didn’t hold much weight in the boardroom.

The kids not a world beater so I doubt we'd find it hard to get another lad of his talent level in.

He's been rated as one of the most promising u21 defenders in world football for three seasons.

Then I'd let them have him, hes not a once in a lifetime talent.

Unfortunately we're a mid table team we need to start having a wage bill to match that.

You want the club to only spend wages enough to be settled in mid table?

Thats madness for a club our size and stature.

Youre saying £60k a week for a premier league footballer is huge and should only be spent on a "once in a lifetime talent"...

...bizarre.

You would let the player sign elsewhere rather than giving him £60k a week?

Again, bizarre.

I'm just hoping 20 million for a lad none of us has heard of is going to be a great bit of business.

I mean hes been linked for 1.5 years now and a regular for Ukraine and in the champions league for 3 seasons.

Were not talking about some unknown.

If the roumors are true that the price for this lad are £17m and we are paying him £58,000pw then over the course of a 5 year deal we'll of paid him over £15m in wages. That means we'll of paid the lad nearly the same amount we paid for him.

Absolute madness to guarantee that to someone completely unproven in this league.

This is possibly one of the most stupid things ive seen on here for a while.

That takes some doing.

£60k a week and you prefer to spend it on middle of the table players rather than up and coming young internationals with champions league level experience.

Great strategy...

This isn’t the thread for it so I’m not saying more than this, but if Rondon is really the gripe point then that’s laughable. Benitez has shown that given a full compliment of players Rondon is 4th choice behind DCL Rocharlsion, and even Gray playing through the middle. So in most circumstances he wouldn’t even be playing.

This has boiled down to people wanting the manager out because in an injury crisis he started his 4th choice striker over some untied kids. No surprise to me that this sort of ‘outrage’ didn’t hold much weight in the boardroom.
I’m sorry but anyone trying to justify the signing and continued selection of Rondon hasn’t a leg to stand on , he has been demonstrably poor throughout his time here.
You say he was useful to us in the derby?
Really?
The derby in which we got schooled in how to play football?
Some help that was!
I’ve mentioned elsewhere when you speak to RS fans one of their major criticisms of him was his strange predilection for selecting and supporting poor players. It’s a flaw he plainly still displays.
And it’s one of many,

He's been rated as one of the most promising u21 defenders in world football for three seasons.

You want the club to only spend wages enough to be settled in mid table?

Thats madness for a club our size and stature.

Youre saying £60k a week for a premier league footballer is huge and should only be spent on a "once in a lifetime talent"...

...bizarre.

You would let the player sign elsewhere rather than giving him £60k a week?

Again, bizarre.

I mean hes been linked for 1.5 years now and a regular for Ukraine and in the champions league for 3 seasons.

Were not talking about some unknown.

This is possibly one of the most stupid things ive seen on here for a while.

That takes some doing.

£60k a week and you prefer to spend it on middle of the table players rather than up and coming young internationals with champions league level experience.

Great strategy...

Whats he doing in the u21s when he's 22 if he's so good?

Okay I dont get this are you intentionally misinterpreting what I've put?

I'm saying that we as a club should spend within our means and stop acting like Johnny big balls by giving player wages far beyond what their worth. Also saying that if he was a once in a lifetime talent I could understand offering him the moon but hes not so we shouldn't.

Oh I dont think anything I put was more stupid then the time you said we need spend £50m on ben white then Admitted you'd never actually seen him play.

I didnt say I want to spend it on middle of the road players I said I want to see it spent on proven players. Come into the squad on a acceptable wage then if you prove yourself you get a improved contract.

Not pay 7 times what the player is currently on whos biggest achievement in the games is getting dry bummed every game hes played in the champions league.

It never ceases to amaze me how the desire to sign a player wipes all sense of intelligence from peoples mind.

Make no mistake about it, this kid is a risk and a big one at that. We had kean who was one of the top u21 strikers in the world and he couldn't hack this league. So if this kid bombs we ain't getting rid of him, not on those wages. He'll just end up like another sandro.

Status
Not open for further replies.