2023/24 Vitalii Mykolenko

Defended really wall against a world class winger...for the 2nd time in a week or so.

Old fashioned full back, good defender, clearly not great going forward.

…I really don’t think he’s a ‘good defender’. He played well yesterday but particularly struggles against direct wide players, he also loses position when the ball is played in-behind as Kyle Walker will testify.

He’s not an old-fashioned full-back. An old fashioned full-back would contest that view.

…I really don’t think he’s a ‘good defender’. He played well yesterday but particularly struggles against direct wide players, he also loses position when the ball is played in-behind as Kyle Walker will testify.

He’s not an old-fashioned full-back. An old fashioned full-back would contest that view.

You are talking about world class top top level players beating him....and thats ok to happen.

So are you saying, you will only be happy with players that NEVER get beaten EVER !?!

A lot of the top sides are starting to play one offensive full back and one basically playing as the 3rd centre-half. This has to absolutely be his last chance to prove his worth if the trend continues as he was a baffling buy at the time and even more so now.

Honestly it says a lot about how bad he normally is that on a day where he miscontrolled balls out of play a few times and made some absolutely stupid pressure releasing fouls for no reason at all we’re saying he had a good game.
The ball that Branthwaite passed to him & he let it go out for a throw in was a perfect example - he did some good things , but he had to have cover like our right back who is 38 years Young

I see he's firmly become another one of the main scapegoats in the side, despite objectively having a really solid game yesterday and on a whole number of other occasions previously lol

Feel sorry for him really

He's just a really poor player like so many in the squad. Think he's probably worst player on the ball in the league.

The ball that Branthwaite passed to him & he let it go out for a throw in was a perfect example - he did some good things , but he had to have cover like our right back who is 38 years Young
My sentiments exactly, a player who had his hands full with Saka, but we employ him to play football. He just isn’t comfortable with the ball at his feet. But I could mention at least 6 outfield players yesterday who didn’t want the ball or the responsibility. I would have half accepted the tactics away but that was nowhere near good enough in a home game. I don’t care who we are playing.