2023/24 Vitalii Mykolenko

No they're not. But granted, they are the two worst midfielders on the ball in the league.
I’m using hyperbole just as you are. But one guy makes 10 yard passes directly out of bounds and the other would rather dribble into 4 defenders than pass the ball, largely because he can’t pass. They aren’t any better with the ball than Mykolenko.

I’m using hyperbole just as you are. But one guy makes 10 yard passes directly out of bounds and the other would rather dribble into 4 defenders than pass the ball, largely because he can’t pass. They aren’t any better with the ball than Mykolenko.

No hyperbole as far as Mykolenko's ability on the ball is concerned. It creates a real imbalance in the team because he actively avoids giving an outlet when we have possession. I appreciate those midfielders you mention are not much better though.

To sum up our position and where we’re at as a football club, people saying Mykolenko is ok pretty much says it all we’re a massive failure certainly in the last 10 years and Mykolenko being called ok shows how low our standards have fallen and expectations of players. He’s piss poor, yes if you play enough games sure you will have moments where you look ok but as a whole he really is a poor player. He did ok yesterday but he also did some crap league 1 stuff as well.

We looked miles better in the attack this season with Patterson and Garner and that is saying something. Two young players with something to prove and one of them out of position provided a much better outlet and threat than this guy and McNeil. This is precisely why we needed to bring in another pacy option so we could move Dwight to left back. Myko can’t cut it.

I like what Dyche has done with him so far in this one. He noticed the issues with the last game and made it a priority to get forward. But as pointed out above he left his man wide open for the goal and now they are confident. You have to be efficient on both sides. Now we are on the back foot because he didn’t track back. Pathetic goal to give away again.

Notice the oppositions tend to leave him free? So when the press is on he's the free man often? Because other sides know he's likely to give it straight to them. Like he has three times at least so far today in 36 minutes. We've seen this tactic before, it was called the Hibbert-factor.