Transfer Rumour Viktor Gyökeres

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this chap is a football player?

From Sweden?

All the ABBA jokes are giving it away here; never heard of him but hey, I have a dream...

The winner takes it all, so let's get this done.

With Hungarian roots, hence the name.

He's wasted away in the Brighton reserves for three years when younger and didn't make it, and generally shows little more than what we already have in DCL. I'd say swerve him really.

Lookman had a chance and he didn’t want to be here. Did nothing but sulk that season under Silva until he got his move to the soft drink.
It’s a wider issue though. Other than richarlison/Pickford maybe , I can’t think of any other player we have signed over the last 5/6 years that’s actually excelled, wanted to stay and made a profit. It’s not because they are all bad players.

It’s a wider issue though. Other than richarlison/Pickford maybe , I can’t think of any other player we have signed over the last 5/6 years that’s actually excelled, wanted to stay and made a profit. It’s not because they are all bad players.
Either we don't vet them properly before signing, or we don't give them the right environment to succeed. Or both.

Either we don't vet them properly before signing, or we don't give them the right environment to succeed. Or both.
I don’t think the current state of the club makes it easy for any player to succeed. Obviously we have signed some proper dross as well like but the merry go round of managers, lurching from crisis to crisis and no clear strategy for developing the team on the pitch is a hindrance.

You can even take someone like Mason Holgate as an example. You can argue whether he is truly good enough to succeed but there have been flashes of him being a decent player that needed nurturing. He has had six managers? Maybe more? Been in and out of the team, sent on loan as well…just makes it near impossible to succeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.