Victor Anichebe reveals his one wish from Everton spell - and how Newcastle injury changed everything

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember when we beat City at home during Moyes' last season and he was integral to the victory

The reaction he got when he was subbed off genuinely gave me chills at the time

At least he had one moment like that during his time here

Also loved how his song was just the conga lol
A mate of mine is an Arsenal fan and he went to that game for some reason. I remember him telling me that he genuinely thought we had cheered Anichebe chasing down a backpass and making the keeper slice it out louder than Arsenal had cheered title winning goals. He wasn't being derogatory either, he was honestly amazed at the reaction we gave players who just tried their best.

Headline taken from Echo website
I wish he was never associated with Everton. Made a coffee earlier and put more effort into it than that waste did in his career.

Bit harsh like.
Gave us some great europeqn memories and a few important away goals

18 goals in 131 games and he was classed as a striker, how on earth did he last so long at Everton.

Alot of substitute appearences, alot of games on the wing

And probably slightly not good enough, but was a decent squad option at the time for the finances we had

when he actually played full games up top he was ok, sure he had a decent record one season during a run of games at CF, maybe like a 6 in 15 or so, but he was often played on the right or last 10 mins to hold the ball up

...... Not that I've read the article, but does it answer why Vic has been a free agent for a year now since leaving his Chinese club? He's only 30 years old, if he wanted to continue playing, surely a League Two or One club, or even maybe a lower-level Championship club, would be keen to pick him up on a free?

This is nothing more than the speculation of a madman but he could still be on a reduced wage from his last club which he'd lose if he signed for a league 2 club.

Darius Vassell was another who was without a club for years before he 'retired'.

He had a purple patch around 2012-13 I think and seemed to be playing quite well. I was never his biggest fan and always thought him and Vaughan were at a level above themselves.

Over the years of watching EFC I have seen a few young lads burst on the scene and then fail. The biggest mistake on all parties has to be Jeffers. He could have been a hero and ended up being a nothing. Nick Chadwick, Stuart Barlow, Vaughan, Anichebe all arrived but didnt make it. Phil Jevons and Michael Branch came with great goalscoring records, yet couldnt do the step up.

I believed he had all the tools in his locker, but mentally lacked what he needed.

He played like 2 men in that game against City and bullied their defence. Just a shame he didn't do it more often.

He had few good moments like Naismith. I always routed for him tbh.

He got too bulky, came through as a naturally stocky powerful lad but had a bit of agility, but remember him coming back one summer like the Michelin man and he lost any shred of agility or balance that he had, looked like a baby elephant trying to control a ball

The best strikers are hungry and want to score a Harry Catterick every game.

Vic would grab a goal, and then call it a day.

Should never have maintained his place in a starting Everton team.

Status
Not open for further replies.