VAR

I've sorted it, every Ref and Linesman get fitted with a camera and these are the only views that VAR officials can see, I've used AI to do a mock up of my invention, this will work in conjunction with a 15 second timer after which all contact with VAR is stopped and if no decision is reached it's deemed not clear and obvious... Refs going around looking like tellitubbies will also combt their egos.
View attachment 240909

When our heroic Drone flyers see this they will be crapping themselves...think you may have missed a trick, by not shoving a DJ Mini 3000 up his jacksy, so he can catch everything behind him as well.lol

When our heroic Drone flyers see this they will be crapping themselves...think you may have missed a trick, by not shoving a DJ Mini 3000 up his jacksy, so he can catch everything behind him as well.lol
No VAR sees what the ref sees.. we can insert a probe that measure the force of clenching I'm sure it would go off the charts when an opposition player goes down in the box infront of the KOP.

And it wouldn't be needed at all if the standard of officiating wasn't so bad in the first place.
To be fair, the referee on the pitch gave nothing at all, not even a word in DCL's ear, it was the referee in the sky van that caused the issues by wanting to get in on the action.
Sad thing is, they will now fix some of the problems and we have been punished and missed out again.

Imo, VAR should be used only for the following incidents:

- Off the ball incidents, or non tackling violent behaviour.
- Offside, if no part of the attackers body is level with the defender. If the attacker is even marginally level, then it's not that clear and obvious, is it?
-Penalties where no contact has been made
-instances of the ball going out of play
'Clear and Obvious' is the most paradoxical thing involved in the whole process. What's clear and obvious to one person isn't to another and can easily be corrupted. That element needs removing. Interfere if the video indicates a wrong decision.
Also refs don't need their egos polished by needing to go to the monitor and if they are brave enough to referree a PL match infront of 50k they shouldn't need their reasoning behind decisions in consultation with VAR hidden. The lack of transparency screams 'wiggle room for corruption' even if there is none

No, the law doesn't mention studs. The nearest it gets is mentioning 'lunges'. The laws aren't particularly detailed though, and obviously refs have a load of other guidance which they follow (I reckon it's a part of the problem that this stuff tends to be kept fairly secretive). 'Practical information' they are given re serious foul play does include the question 'did the player lead with his studs showing when making the tackle?'. Because of that question, I don't think the appeal will be successful.
I don't even think it was a tackle though, DCL slid to control the ball and Clyne ran into his leg. Cat the pint that DCL slid Clyne was nowhere around. I would be amazed if it's not overturned. We can provide evidence of literally thousands of tackles which are much more dangerous from the last couple of years that haven't been penalised with a red or yellow card. The evidence is absolutely overwhelming. If they don't overturn it they are setting a precedent by which all future tackles will be judged. I know they are biased/corrupt/incompetent but that would really be Orwellian/Kafkaesque.

To be fair, the referee on the pitch gave nothing at all, not even a word in DCL's ear, it was the referee in the sky van that caused the issues by wanting to get in on the action.
Sad thing is, they will now fix some of the problems and we have been punished and missed out again.
I see that wolves have picked up another red card today.
They feel persecuted as well.