VAR

They overturned Son's ban when he made a poor challenge which gave an opponent a serious injury.
petulant kicked a player whos leg snapped... pretty dangerous
No - he only becomes offside when the ball is played to him and he's in an offside position.
This was more about the timing for when a player is offside - i.e. at what point is the pass played and is the player who receives it offside when the pass is played. The rule seem to imply that the first touch to play the pass is material whereas I think it should be when the ball leaves his foot. Split seconds I know but it does make a difference.
the emphasis is always on the lines. There is no emphasis on the ball and the feet.
We are talking inches with offsides. Think that should be looked at.

I'd happily see VAR go completely, its been a disaster for the game.

Pre-VAR if there was a howler, e.g. a "wrong" sending off then it would be spotted on MOTD and rescinded on the Monday. Ditto, a referee having a howler would be suspended.

VAR is ruining the flow of the game and supporters/players can't fully celebrate a goal (in case it gets pulled back).
Think by and large we need var.
What we don’t need is how it run now.
Show it on the screen and explain it, would assist the scritiny, understanding and drama. It can’t however, carry on like this, where it’s looking for trouble where there is non and favouring bigger teams

Is it true that these biffs on VAR sit in their office dressed in full ref uniform/kit? 😂
It's possible, this fella was spotted leaving the VAR office to catch the bus home.

1704530201274.png

If they are going to keep VAR I'd rather it was limited to something like goal line and each team be given the option of 3 VAR checks per game. Everything else is down to the onfield official.

Managers would only risk using one of the 3 if they thought it was clear and obvious, incase they needed them later for something worse etc.

I don't follow football to hear about refs and that's all everyone is talking about after every round of games. Sick of it!
Suggested this the other day after the game....

Think 3 per team would be too much. 6 checks, each lasting 3 minutes takes too much time IMO. 2 per team would be ok.

Plus, only the ref asks for help. No "help" given without request.

Or, if VAR are to stay "active", and in order that it remains limited to "clear and obvious" mistake. VAR can only review in real time. Ref may ask for slow motion, not VAR slowing and telling.

Perhaps would help.

Suggested this the other day after the game....

Think 3 per team would be too much. 6 checks, each lasting 3 minutes takes too much time IMO. 2 per team would be ok.

Plus, only the ref asks for help. No "help" given without request.

Or, if VAR are to stay "active", and in order that it remains limited to "clear and obvious" mistake. VAR can only review in real time. Ref may ask for slow motion, not VAR slowing and telling.

Perhaps would help.
1 review per half is how I would use it

The decision on what is reviewed should be taken out of the hands of the officials and given to managers

Imo, VAR should be used only for the following incidents:

- Off the ball incidents, or non tackling violent behaviour.
- Offside, if no part of the attackers body is level with the defender. If the attacker is even marginally level, then it's not that clear and obvious, is it?
-Penalties where no contact has been made
-instances of the ball going out of play

I've sorted it, every Ref and Linesman get fitted with a camera and these are the only views that VAR officials can see, I've used AI to do a mock up of my invention, this will work in conjunction with a 15 second timer after which all contact with VAR is stopped and if no decision is reached it's deemed not clear and obvious... Refs going around looking like tellitubbies will also combt their egos.
OIG.NzZ.jpeg

Is that actually in the laws? Seen lots of people mention that.
No, the law doesn't mention studs. The nearest it gets is mentioning 'lunges'. The laws aren't particularly detailed though, and obviously refs have a load of other guidance which they follow (I reckon it's a part of the problem that this stuff tends to be kept fairly secretive). 'Practical information' they are given re serious foul play does include the question 'did the player lead with his studs showing when making the tackle?'. Because of that question, I don't think the appeal will be successful.