VAR

I don't even think it was a tackle though, DCL slid to control the ball and Clyne ran into his leg. Cat the pint that DCL slid Clyne was nowhere around. I would be amazed if it's not overturned. We can provide evidence of literally thousands of tackles which are much more dangerous from the last couple of years that haven't been penalised with a red or yellow card. The evidence is absolutely overwhelming. If they don't overturn it they are setting a precedent by which all future tackles will be judged. I know they are biased/corrupt/incompetent but that would really be Orwellian/Kafkaesque.
No they wont, it will be just another one of those kick in the gonads that only applies to us

How can you have one game that could disallow a goal for lets say offside by VAR and one that doesnt?

Btw this game is far more enjoyable without it. Far far more enjoyable.
Because in theory anyway (I know like), it doesn't give any team any advantage over any others. It makes no difference to a game without VAR if another game in the same round does have VAR. You might say a team that had VAR in every round had a better chance of winning the cup because they had the benefit of good decisions, but equally good decisions should be being made against them in every game as well. I genuinely can't see the problem, especially now we're all of the opinion that VAR is incredibly flawed.

Happy to be convinced if there's something I've missed.

Because in theory anyway (I know like), it doesn't give any team any advantage over any others. It makes no difference to a game without VAR if another game in the same round does have VAR. You might say a team that had VAR in every round had a better chance of winning the cup because they had the benefit of good decisions, but equally good decisions should be being made against them in every game as well. I genuinely can't see the problem, especially now we're all of the opinion that VAR is incredibly flawed.

Happy to be convinced if there's something I've missed.

But you're giving certain teams in games in the same competition an advantage of either being knocked out or going through because of technology. Regardless of what anyone thinks of VAR(i think its sh!t)

How can you have one game that could disallow a goal for lets say offside by VAR and one that doesnt?

Btw this game is far more enjoyable without it. Far far more enjoyable.
Hopefully this weekend might be some sort of turning point. It’s universally acknowledged DCL was one of the worst decisions you can get. Now two days later there’s massive viewership for a game with no VAR and the overwhelming conclusion is it’s much better.

There needs to be a serious clamour in the game not necessarily to scrap it entirely but to severely limit the scope of VAR to allow football to flow again. There should maybe be some element of video replay for incidents the ref hasn’t seen or where the onfield officials want an extra look at a big decision, or maybe a limited challenge system, but no decisions made off the field.

We know now there will always be bad decisions either way. I think the overwhelming feeling among fans is we’d rather the mistakes be made by people on the pitch viewing the action in real
time. You get no feel for the game sitting in an office elsewhere.

Football is meant be for the fans and it should be time now to let fans have a say in how it’s officiated.

Hopefully this weekend might be some sort of turning point. It’s universally acknowledged DCL was one of the worst decisions you can get. Now two days later there’s massive viewership for a game with no VAR and the overwhelming conclusion is it’s much better.

There needs to be a serious clamour in the game not necessarily to scrap it entirely but to severely limit the scope of VAR to allow football to flow again. There should maybe be some element of video replay for incidents the ref hasn’t seen or where the onfield officials want an extra look at a big decision, or maybe a limited challenge system, but no decisions made off the field.

We know now there will always be bad decisions either way. I think the overwhelming feeling among fans is we’d rather the mistakes be made by people on the pitch viewing the action in real
time. You get no feel for the game sitting in an office elsewhere.

Football is meant be for the fans and it should be time now to let fans have a say in how it’s officiated.

Sadly mate i think its here to stay and with bells on. To much money in it now and they are already in to deep. Its employing loads of ex officials and they're loving it.
Its the worst thing ive seen in football in my lifetime. Well that and james beattie trying to trap a ball.

But you're giving certain teams in games in the same competition an advantage of either being knocked out or going through because of technology. Regardless of what anyone thinks of VAR(i think its sh!t)
But it's not an advantage that means anything to anyone apart from the other team in the same game, who should have the same advantage. It has no effect on the integrity of the competition.

Overturns: 5
Leading to goals for: 0
Disallowed goals for: 1
Leading to goals against: 2
Disallowed goals against: 2
Net goal score: -1
Subjective decisions for: 1
Subjective decisions against: 2
Net subjective score: -1
Penalties for / against: 0 / 2

VAR - MOST IN FAVOUR​

Game: Arsenal (H; Sept. 17)
Incident: Gabriel Martinelli goal disallowed for offside against Eddie Nketiah, 19 minutes - FOR

Game: Liverpool (A; Oct. 21)
Incident: Penalty awarded (scored by Mohamed Salah) for handball by Michael Keane, 72 minutes - AGAINST

Game: Brighton (H; Nov. 4)
Incident: Lewis Dunk goal disallowed for offside, 14 minutes - FOR

Game: Man United (H; Nov. 26)
Incident: Penalty awarded (scored by Marcus Rashford) for a foul by Ashley Young on Anthony Martial, 52 minutes - AGAINST

Game: Tottenham (A; Dec. 23)
Incident: Dominic Calvert-Lewin goal disallowed for a foul in the buildup by André Gomes on Emerson Royal, 50 minutes - AGAINST

From the ESPN Site where you pulled this: This relates purely to overturned decisions, so penalty appeals that stay with the on-field referee are not included.

So, if the referee does not call for a penalty to Everton, and it ultimately is not given, then it does not appear on here, regardless of whether VAR even looked at it or not (two separate issues, in my mind).

If the referee gives a penalty to the RS, and VAR wrongly decides in favour of the RS, then it does not appear on here either.

In other words, anybody quoting these statistics as meaning anything at all is speaking out an alternate hole (not directed at @Goat , but at RS that would point to the attached table). The numbers are well and truly muddied.

If, as the website says, the RS are at the bottom of the VAR table, i.e. most decisions against, that might just mean that they are the beneficiaries of the most whoppers in their favour on-field that VAR has to overturn, not that they are hard done by.

But it's not an advantage that means anything to anyone apart from the other team in the same game, who should have the same advantage. It has no effect on the integrity of the competition.

what does that matter. So if for example sunderland scored here at 0-0 and its chalked off incorrectly. Then newcastle win a replay and by the same token because of a VAR decision and then go on to win the cup they've gained an advantage because the away game didnt have VAR but the home game did way back in the 3rd round when they should have been knocked out.
Surely every game in the same competition has to either have it or not. You dont get some premier league games having it and some not.