VAR

its being bastardized into a legal matchfixing tool. real oversight into the the prem cannot happen fast enough
Spot on. Var itself isn't really the problem, it has worked very well in other instances such as the world cup. It becomes a WMD when put in the hands of utterly corrupt organisations such as the premier league and the PGMOL who don't even try and hide the fact that they give practically all decisions and advantages to their favourites and biggest money makers.

Cannot even bring myself to watch a single football match these days and have to force myself to watch my beloved blues. Oversight is a matter of urgency.

Any decisions that comes down down to interpretation should done by the referee only offsides in the build up to a goal should be looked at NOT possible fouls or hands balls, if the referee misses that then so be it.

Spot on. Var itself isn't really the problem, it has worked very well in other instances such as the world cup. It becomes a WMD when put in the hands of utterly corrupt organisations such as the premier league and the PGMOL who don't even try and hide the fact that they give practically all decisions and advantages to their favourites and biggest money makers.

Cannot even bring myself to watch a single football match these days and have to force myself to watch my beloved blues. Oversight is a matter of urgency.
100% agree

Issue with PMGOL is that it’s become a “body” seeking relevance in the game with this authoritarian arrogance yet pleads for forgiveness and support after each monumental balls up from one of its members.

If you have a group of referees who are the same “elite” covering all matches season after season unaccountable to performance management then the performance won’t change. If it was a club, transfers would be made and new players shipped in but the mould has set well in.

What gets me is the way they communicate, like poundshop police officers but shut down any reason to explain their decisions unless Howard Webb is getting his five minutes in the limelight with Michael Owen.

Need a to be like NFL with refs explaining the decision over the PA system with teams having the right to challenge. That said, you need a set of rules not open to interpretation for that to work and rules open to interpretation is the ambiguity needed for corruption to flourish

City- never a pen
Spurs- DCL goal which was heavily criticised for being ruled out.
Liverpool- not VAR but that Konate second yellow was the worst of them all.
United- the young pen, I think it was a pen myself but looked close to being outside the box? But the ref never give it at first did he?
Yeah I know I just couldn’t be bothered listening them all but thanks for your solid efforts!!

LOL at Brighton getting a pen against Kulusevski for the same thing as this:

IMG_8269.jpeg

Erm... there's something a little amiss in that argument. Or do you believe FIFA, with their Qatar Winter World Cup and their engineering of an unopposed Saudi Arabia World Cup bid are not remotely corrupt?