Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
FFP will get relaxed to a certain degree.

Still won't mean we will go out and blow a load of cash on new signings.

Last seasons accounts we made a loss in excess of a 100 million. With loss in gate receipts and TV money this season turnover to wages will be in excess of 100%

If people think we are going to go out on a spending spree because we have Moshiri and Usmanov , they seem to have forgot about our rivals and what they will be saying to the premier league.

FFP was brought in to stop another city taking place. This pandemic is not going to open up a door and allow us to go on a shopping spree.

Last seasons accounts we made a loss in excess of a 100 million. With loss in gate receipts and TV money this season turnover to wages will be in excess of 100%

If people think we are going to go out on a spending spree because we have Moshiri and Usmanov , they seem to have forgot about our rivals and what they will be saying to the premier league.

FFP was brought in to stop another city taking place. This pandemic is not going to open up a door and allow us to go on a shopping spree.

The losses in gate receipts and pro-rata TV money, which is what will happen in the worst case scenario, has been negated in one swoop by the sponsorship for first option naming rights on our potential new stadium. This is before we consider what other sponsorship deals the richest man in English football and his world leading accountant, both of whom are increasing there wealth at this time, have lined up for us in the future.

Also, as a club which has a very low match day gate receipts revenue and we get mid table TV money for this league which has been an issue in the past but right now means we aren't as effected as others, particularly if FFP does get relaxed.

Certain clubs have get receipts bringing in almost £100 million more per season than us. They get massive amount of European money. They are TV week in week out, they have huge amount of tourists visiting every match day and buying from their club shops. They have huge sponsorship deals, many of which are performance related. If we are being impacted, which we will be, it will be a lot less than everyone else around us.

There's a club losing £9 million per week, our loss will be at most 500k per week worst case scenario over a full season.

Football wise, this situation isn't good for anyone in isolation but as a club in this league, we'll come out of it a lot better and IMO will be in a lot stronger position for it than every other club in this league.

All we can do it wait and see what happens, but with some clubs in the lower leagues going to the wall. I think they will want money being spent at the top so it filters down.

I’ve also heard 2 podcasts not Everton related, regarding transfers and finances. Both stated that Everton have big money to spend, but FFP is holding that up at the moment. And they also name checked Usmanov.

And I know covid 19, is going to effect things, but I’ve said from day one Moshiri is not appointing Ancelotti and his team, paying out millions in salaries To not back him.

The losses in gate receipts and pro-rata TV money, which is what will happen in the worst case scenario, has been negated in one swoop by the sponsorship for first option naming rights on our potential new stadium. This is before we consider what other sponsorship deals the richest man in English football and his world leading accountant, both of whom are increasing there wealth at this time, have lined up for us in the future.

Also, as a club which has a very low match day gate receipts revenue and we get mid table TV money for this league which has been an issue in the past but right now means we aren't as effected as others, particularly if FFP does get relaxed.

Certain clubs have get receipts bringing in almost £100 million more per season than us. They get massive amount of European money. They are TV week in week out, they have huge amount of tourists visiting every match day and buying from their club shops. They have huge sponsorship deals, many of which are performance related. If we are being impacted, which we will be, it will be a lot less than everyone else around us.

There's a club losing £9 million per week, our loss will be at most 500k per week worst case scenario over a full season.

Football wise, this situation isn't good for anyone in isolation but as a club in this league, we'll come out of it a lot better and IMO will be in a lot stronger position for it than every other club in this league.

Liverpool will be also losing a lot from stadium tours, I read that they have 100’s of fans there every day? Not sure how true that is.

It seems to be mainly Liverpool fans struggling with these concepts. They seem to think because everyone loses money, they all lose money equally so the same hierachy is kept. Recessions in general don't do that. They are uneven and generally mess up the existing structures.

It's a bit patchy, but essentially 6 clubs rely more on sponsorship and gate receipts. The deeper the recession gets, and the longer grounds are shut the worse it gets for them. 14 clubs rely on TV revenue. If football keeps going ahead, even in empty grounds, and in a wider recession, it benefits those clubs. I bit of a simplification, but essentially true.

It is why Everton are very keen for it to move forward, and really not massively bothered about empty grounds. As a business, it's not that important. We would lose in 1 months games from Sky, what we would lose in a seasons games across a season.

In all honesty, I don't think people are as yet grasping the nature of the recession we are heading into. Lots of LIverpool fans are just assuming it blows over quickly. There is an assumption because they were well ran pre recession, those same businesses practices mean they are well prepared for the recession. They are not. They are probably the club who have gambled the most on the continued growth in revenues (favouring big contracts, with long deals on high wages, in the hope they gain transfer value).

Retail spending was down 80% last month in America. Right at this moment, Addidas, Nike, Reabok etc are all having crisis meetings, where it's being spelt out to their people in marketing and procurement that savings will have to be found. Outsourcing will be scrapped, and frankly massive sponsorships will become challenged. It will just be a very quick dictat, either secure a massive reduction or terminate it.

Contracts are never water tight (as New Balance have found) but when you've essentially breached contracts in a range of ways (no games, games out of season, empty stadiums, commencing the contract late) you haven't really got a leg to stand on.

As a final aside, more broadly-the league will become more even. I did a quick exercise in placing certain reductions in income, and I suspect we are moving from a period where the turnover gap from biggest to smallest will have gone from 5 times to around 3 times (depending on how severe you feel commercial revenue is hit). That is assuming all European monies are paid too, for both last season and next season-which given where we are looks highly unlikely. Again with UEFA, if the CL doesn't get finished, expect 50%+ of the prize money to drop (as a best case scenario). They may recoup no money, or minimal amounts which they use to pay their own staff with minimal left for clubs.

Ironically the desire to void this years competition is about as stupid demand as you can get for Liverpool fans, who are waiting nervously on about £80million due.

Liverpool will be also losing a lot from stadium tours, I read that they have 100’s of fans there every day? Not sure how true that is.

This sounds about right. I mean there will have been months of no stadium tours. There will now be months more of numbers having to reduce massively due to social distancing restrictions. After that, the number of tourists visiting will be massively down, probably for a 12 month period. It's a small area, and it will have knock on affects to shirt sales, merchandising etc. All of this is going to be massively down, in truth for all teams for the next 12 months. Some teams are falling from a much greater height.

They also employ hundreds of people to do this as well. They have a huge commercial operation. All their salaries need to be paid, or they have to lay a load of them off.

All we can do it wait and see what happens, but with some clubs in the lower leagues going to the wall. I think they will want money being spent at the top so it filters down.

I’ve also heard 2 podcasts not Everton related, regarding transfers and finances. Both stated that Everton have big money to spend, but FFP is holding that up at the moment. And they also name checked Usmanov.

And I know covid 19, is going to effect things, but I’ve said from day one Moshiri is not appointing Ancelotti and his team, paying out millions in salaries To not back him.

It seems an open secret, and widely reported from people who are quite involved in football. I mean the USM had increased their wealth profile by 7 bn before, thats on top of the latest article in the Echo. Unofficially I sense this will be much higher. They throw 1% of the money they've increased, and Everton can blitz the market for the next 2-3 years.

It seems to be mainly Liverpool fans struggling with these concepts. They seem to think because everyone loses money, they all lose money equally so the same hierachy is kept. Recessions in general don't do that. They are uneven and generally mess up the existing structures.

It's a bit patchy, but essentially 6 clubs rely more on sponsorship and gate receipts. The deeper the recession gets, and the longer grounds are shut the worse it gets for them. 14 clubs rely on TV revenue. If football keeps going ahead, even in empty grounds, and in a wider recession, it benefits those clubs. I bit of a simplification, but essentially true.

It is why Everton are very keen for it to move forward, and really not massively bothered about empty grounds. As a business, it's not that important. We would lose in 1 months games from Sky, what we would lose in a seasons games across a season.

In all honesty, I don't think people are as yet grasping the nature of the recession we are heading into. Lots of LIverpool fans are just assuming it blows over quickly. There is an assumption because they were well ran pre recession, those same businesses practices mean they are well prepared for the recession. They are not. They are probably the club who have gambled the most on the continued growth in revenues (favouring big contracts, with long deals on high wages, in the hope they gain transfer value).

Retail spending was down 80% last month in America. Right at this moment, Addidas, Nike, Reabok etc are all having crisis meetings, where it's being spelt out to their people in marketing and procurement that savings will have to be found. Outsourcing will be scrapped, and frankly massive sponsorships will become challenged. It will just be a very quick dictat, either secure a massive reduction or terminate it.

Contracts are never water tight (as New Balance have found) but when you've essentially breached contracts in a range of ways (no games, games out of season, empty stadiums, commencing the contract late) you haven't really got a leg to stand on.

As a final aside, more broadly-the league will become more even. I did a quick exercise in placing certain reductions in income, and I suspect we are moving from a period where the turnover gap from biggest to smallest will have gone from 5 times to around 3 times (depending on how severe you feel commercial revenue is hit). That is assuming all European monies are paid too, for both last season and next season-which given where we are looks highly unlikely. Again with UEFA, if the CL doesn't get finished, expect 50%+ of the prize money to drop (as a best case scenario). They may recoup no money, or minimal amounts which they use to pay their own staff with minimal left for clubs.

Ironically the desire to void this years competition is about as stupid demand as you can get for Liverpool fans, who are waiting nervously on about £80million due.
It would be amazing if Everton, having contributed to setting in motion a process that steadily worked against us when we were instrumental in ensuring clubs kept a bigger share of gate receipts, actually came out of this crisis stronger than we entered it. Or at least not weakened as much as some notable others.

It would be amazing if Everton, having contributed to setting in motion a process that steadily worked against us when we were instrumental in ensuring clubs kept a bigger share of gate receipts, actually came out of this crisis stronger than we entered it. Or at least not weakened as much as some notable others.

I mean often things that are opposite work in recession. Behaviours changes and things that were a strength become a weakness. Everton's appalling commercial performance is a rare strength.

I mean I think thinking about things as coming out stronger again might not be the turn of phrase I would use. It's more we will be less badly damaged by the changes that are coming. In a recession sometimes thats the best you can hope for.

Liverpool are in a slightly worse position that most, given that their owners FSG are all in on sport, which is one of the biggest hit visible industries. Don't forget that what the Redsox lose, Liverpool also lose and vice versa.

We seem to forgot that the majority of teams in this league are owned by multi billionaires.

And they will all be taking a hit in the current situation.

One of the clubs people seem to think will be hit the worst is Spurs, they assume the new stadium revenue losses will be a travesty to them. It will hurt them no doubt but their wages to turnover is 38% , they made a over a 100 million in profit and they have cash rich funds in the bank to the tune of 150 million according to the last set of accounts.

While we posted a loss of over 100 million, have a wages to turnover ratio at 85% and have less than 10 million in the bank.

Yet people think we will be splashing the cash on players, no doubts Moshiri and Usmanov have the cash to splash but will the likes of Spurs , Arsenal etc etc allow us to get away with it??

FFP will have some leeway the next few years but our rivals won't allow us to go crazy and flaunt the rules.

Don't normally read the long ones, but a few very interesting points here.

We seem to forgot that the majority of teams in this league are owned by multi billionaires.

And they will all be taking a hit in the current situation.

One of the clubs people seem to think will be hit the worst is Spurs, they assume the new stadium revenue losses will be a travesty to them. It will hurt them no doubt but their wages to turnover is 38% , they made a over a 100 million in profit and they have cash rich funds in the bank to the tune of 150 million according to the last set of accounts.

While we posted a loss of over 100 million, have a wages to turnover ratio at 85% and have less than 10 million in the bank.

Yet people think we will be splashing the cash on players, no doubts Moshiri and Usmanov have the cash to splash but will the likes of Spurs , Arsenal etc etc allow us to get away with it??

FFP will have some leeway the next few years but our rivals won't allow us to go crazy and flaunt the rules.

Surely the issue is whether those billionaires see the football club as a cash cow, an investment, or a toy to put money into?
I don't think anybody is suggesting Everton as a business would be able to go on a spending splurge. The argument is that their owners will continue to maintain the investment in the club, which will not go a lot further due to likely collapsing prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.