Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone’s a bit triggered by an obvious red. Easily ignored.

Anyway, you’d hope Usmanov would turn up at some point. I’d expect that he’s been around in some way already.

I really hope it comes to pass that he is involved in a significant way, and the only reason it isn't public knowledge is to prevent teams rinsing us (more than they do already)

As far as I know he has options to buy the rest of the shares at an agreed price
Moshiri has said he has no wish to buy out small shareholders but I suppose that could change. He would have to deal with individuals who probably do not wish to sell. Only when and if he reaches 90% does he have any legal right or obligation to buy them.

Moshiri has said he has no wish to buy out small shareholders but I suppose that could change. He would have to deal with individuals who probably do not wish to sell. Only when and if he reaches 90% does he have any legal right or obligation to buy them.
NO

He sold up after the UK were looking into seizing the oligarchs assets.
It's no fluke usmanov sold his stake after this and Chelsea is for sale at the right price.

So so lame, stop being so obsessed about us.

My view on this, and it has been for some time that Usmanov is likely invovled in the background (a view now widely corroborated) and that he will probably not come into the light as it were.

For whatever reason (and there are plenty) he wants to be in the background. This is not uncommon for how he operates more broadly in business. It may well be his son (stepson) gets involved at some point which would be a positive.

I am not sure holding a standard that he is the public face as being the only evidence really works anymore. Using the lack of this as evidence he's not here, again I would say is below par. Managers do not go and meet Usmanov (as Allardyce has said he did, as did Brands)if he has no involvement.

This is not uncommon either, even in England. It happened with Spurs currently, or Palace that the face of the organisation is different to the real power base. It's common across Russia. We've also had a similar arrangement with Kenwright and Green before this.

The good news is, it's unlikely we will ever want for funds, but as clubs are finding FFP is beign really tightened so we need to be sensible with it.

My view on this, and it has been for some time that Usmanov is likely invovled in the background (a view now widely corroborated) and that he will probably not come into the light as it were.

For whatever reason (and there are plenty) he wants to be in the background. This is not uncommon for how he operates more broadly in business. It may well be his son (stepson) gets involved at some point which would be a positive.

I am not sure holding a standard that he is the public face as being the only evidence really works anymore. Using the lack of this as evidence he's not here, again I would say is below par. Managers do not go and meet Usmanov (as Allardyce has said he did, as did Brands)if he has no involvement.

This is not uncommon either, even in England. It happened with Spurs currently, or Palace that the face of the organisation is different to the real power base. It's common across Russia. We've also had a similar arrangement with Kenwright and Green before this.

The good news is, it's unlikely we will ever want for funds, but as clubs are finding FFP is beign really tightened so we need to be sensible with it.

Where are these quotes from Samuel and Marcel?

Good post as usual.....but I don't think Green was the power behind Kenwright in the same way that Usmanov 'could' be behind Moshiri, or the way the American is the power behind Levy ,and Abramovich still wields the power at Chelsea. And there are many more examples,as you imply. Its pretty certain in fact indisputable that Green helped Bill financially, and apart from the BWI adventure there is no direct link as far as I know...in fact I've always suspected that Bill got cash from Green by way of investment in his shows and films, and this was just another way of giving Bill money which eventually found its way to Everton. Bare in mind that is just a theory/possibility. What isn't a theory ,and is as close to fact as it can be,is what I was told was another source of 'income' for Bill, perfectly legal before the usual suspects starting their nonsense,but which I can't break a confidence to detail here.

Status
Not open for further replies.